Woodforde Brewery's Shop Is Moving

SwanR

Yesterday we stopped into the brewery shop behind the Fur and Feathers for probably the last time this year. Whilst chatting to the lovely ladies serving us, they mentioned that they are moving. From possibly late October, but more likely late November, and definitely by next season, they will be inside the pub. Sounds like it's a trial as they don't think enough people find them in their current location. And if the weather is bad then people also don't bother to walk round there.

They don't want to compete with the pub but are planning also to have a tearoom.

I asked if I could share this on the forum and they said yes, please do. I think they are trying to get the message out so that people don't turn up and think they have disappeared.

We certainly wish them well with this. If successful they are hoping that they may build an extension onto the pub to house them at some future point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've been looking at the online store this week as Kaz has took a liking to the Werry at whilst in the Bridge Inn.

I checked with them as to the collect in store was as it wasn't clear.

But I can get 3 off 9pint tins delivered free so will be getting some delivered.

• Like 1

Not sure how that's going to work,okay the shop is not that large.What then will happen to the shop.This year we only found out about the Ale trail by accident. In fact in the end could not be bovered,infact some pubs that in the past took part did not know any info.In the past they used to email me and send me a news letter now and again.Not heard anything for over a year.

• Like 1

Maybe some changes are on the way. Remember the business changed hands in 2016 and nothing much seems to have happened. I remember reading at the time that the new owners wanted to expand their drink at home business.

• Thanks 1

Maybe some changes are on the way. Remember the business changed hands in 2016 and nothing much seems to have happened. I remember reading at the time that the new owners wanted to expand their drink at home business.
Quite a bit has happened in fairness...

The brand has been repositioned to appeal to a broader audience and they have been busy building the new bottling plant.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Thanks 2

My husband has tried quite a number of their beers and mostly enjoyed them all. I've found some really nice cordials that they sell in there as well, although I know that those aren't specific to the brewery and are sold in other places too. But as someone who doesn't really drink alcohol they make a very refreshing change.

15 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Not sure how that's going to work,okay the shop is not that large

Have to agree. OK, the shop is not massive but then neither is the pub. I wonder how they are going to accommodate diners, especially in bad weather when the outdoor area is unavailable and people wanting to wander round looking at sweatshirts and carry out products. 

Does this mean the shop range is going to be reduced I wonder?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamesLV said:

Do they allow dogs in the pub now? We’re heading up soon and will probably do our first night at Salhouse so could take the pup for a walk up to the pub.

Yes they do