Harvey Eastwood 37

floydraser

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 10:30, floydraser said:

Cor Blimey! Five replies in the time it took me to clean the bathroom!

I was wondering how much interest there would be from the forum and I am now delighted by the responses. 

So there may have been some hanky panky going on in the foc'sle then Chris? Well it's had a happy life then!

Thanks for the other info guys. I knew Seraphina had been restored and sold and it would be great to take a look around her. I never knew there was a Mr. Harvey and a Mr. Eastwood like most people I guess.

Now the good news for Wherrynice: Saturday morning (29-9-18) 5am I'm off from Leicestershire to Bowling, Dumbarton, where she is currently moored on the Forth & Clyde canal. Around lunchtime we go through the sea lock onto the Clde and up 4.5 miles to Clyde Boatyard. Monday she gets lifted onto a low loader. Tuesday she travels towards Norwich. Wednesday she arrives at Brundall Bay and gets craned into the water. We then have a gentle cruise - saluting as we pass Eastwood Marina - and round to Brundall Gardens where I have a berth.

I would like to say this is because of my sense of history but in fact it's more down to a happy accident, or it was written in the stars, take your pick. Reading these forums I always assumed it was very, very expensive to keep a boat on the Broads but it's not; it's just very expensive. Moorings near to me were either more expensive, not available or under an airport flight path near a motorway junction.

Thanks again.

Not too much hanky panky, we tried, but she (the boat) rocked a bit too much and we were thwarted by my non too pleased parents...

5 hours ago, chrisdobson45 said:

Not too much hanky panky, we tried, but she (the boat) rocked a bit too much and we were thwarted by my non too pleased parents...

One of you should have chewed gum and answered the door in your underpants, if you have a door in your underpants. Always works on that advert; the kid's been getting away with it for ages now.

7 hours ago, grendel said:

floydraser, please dont panic and think this is your fault, it isnt, its quite normal for topics here to wander slightly, they usually come back on topic eventually, it can sometimes be forestalled by posting pictures of the progress of the work / topic in hand.

There is something worse than a wandering topic: no replies at all.:default_biggrin:

And as long as these people are typing, they're keeping away from sharp things, and their guardians know where they are.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

We all have a selection of unfinished projects...

I've just come across this, Seraphina in Martham Boats shed! Unfortunately she had become known as Scrapafina - you can see why. Her restoration was started by a chap who we surprisingly discovered lived next door to my son down here in the Chilterns. Sadly a back injury bought his dreams to a very sudden halt and she was sold to a new owner (I think he was a judge or something similar). He finished the restoration a a project to sell on. That must have been six years ago ish.

SAM_0298.thumb.JPG.ec4bcb15c0bd1a26898cfdde18a6f9e2.JPG

Unfinished Projects?

I got a few Un-started ones. First there is 'B.A's dinghy, brought that home about five years ago for a facelift - Not done a thing on it yet.  Then there is a Honda 400-4 I brought back from Gibraltar in 2000 - Not done a thing on that one either.  Then there is my Dutton Phaeton, that went off to a mate for him to sort out and get back on the road.  It has got the better of him so I need to find storage come the spring for that one too.  My trouble is I need more time to get these projects done.  There is of course ongoing outstanding items to attend to on 'B.A' as well.  Work keeps getting in the way

Griff

• Like 1

Well she moves! A terrifying experience but we got her up the Clyde to the boatyard yesterday as planned. Engine runs sweetly and quietly with a bit of white smoke and a high temperature. I'll check the inlet when she's lifted tomorrow.

The Clyde looked very choppy indeed as we looked out from the sea lock. But once under the Erskine bridge things calmed down a bit! 

• Like 5

Hi Floyd (the GREATEST tv chef ever by the way),

When you put her in in Brundall, you will probably have to fuel up at Brooms, as i seem to remember somebody saying they`re the only deisel supplier to the public in Brundall, though may be wrong on that, so if and when you do,  keep an eye out for Lightning, she`s moored immediately before the fuel quay. We own a share in her, and will be on her from Sunday 18th November. If you`re in the vicinity around then, please feel free to come and say hello.

Latest news: She's almost in Norfolk as I type! They loaded her yesterday morning and got away around 12 noon. She should be arriving at Brundall Bay around 2.30 this afternoon. They will either put her in the water this afternoon or tomorrow morning depending on the planets lining up etc.

I'll be over around mid morning tomorrow to take her round to Brundall Gardens. Anyone with nothing better to do (that's most of you looking at the times you all post!) would be welcome to nip along and take a look and say hello. To me or anyone else if you like. 

She looks a bit more scruffy now she's out of the water so good exterior clean is top of the to do list.

IMAG0201.jpg

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, ZimbiIV said:

Hello Floydraser, it's arrived.

paul

Hey Paul,

That's great thanks. I just had a call from the Marina to ask when I was going to come and shift it. That's a good job all round then as the driver can get to his next collection in plenty of time. He's got to collect a boat for Aberdeen.

I'll be over in the morning and see you if you're still around. Thanks again, I'll keep the pics for the scrap book if that's OK?

• Like 1

These are superb craft I took Santa Margherita out on

her maiden voyage hired her for two weeks

fit out was superb

She started out as a private build for a german chap but

he cancelled the order after Harvey Eastwood had started the build

That was how she ended up in there hire fleet

Ray

1 hour ago, brundallNavy said:

I think this is the one that was restored at Barton Turf, she now lives at one of the bungalows at Potter Heigham.

They really stand out as an unusual design having steps down from the transom and a narrow rear cabin roof.

Is this an earlier one? I notice the different hull (the bow shape).

I also note the sloping woodwork at the rear of the canopy. The Owl has that but it looks like a bad DIY job close up, where Seraphina has an open, steel track. I'm really looking forward to sorting this canopy conundrum.

The Owl also has a continuous guardrail so I wonder if they all made to customer specs?

To be fair to NYA, we watch them lifting/launching boats a lot, being at Cove opposite, and they always seem to take great care. So refitting fenders would be normal to them.

It is where they normally service the 2 hire boats so they will want the area clear.

paul