Sheerline 1070

Having had a 950 Centre cockpit and a 950 Aft cockpit I can only say that they are well built boats. The 1070, if an Aft cockpit is what you are considering, is a real chore to get the canopy up or down for bridges and is a 2 person job. Not ideal if you want to get under a low bridge when its raining! 15-20 minute job. Even Yarmouth needs careful planning as does St Olaves. Wroxham bridge is a no-no anyway. Also don't believe the air draft quoted with everything down, 6' 8" it 'aint! On the other hand, the Centre cockpit is a lovely boat with a real air draft of 6' 8" and will pass under Wroxham etc. with ease and winding the canopy back and dropping the screen is a real breeze and can be done in 5 minutes whilst still underway by one person. They handle well too. Garry at Wroxham Marine (Sheerline) is one of the most helpful guys you would wish to meet.

If you need more info or help, please PM me.

Bill

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry Neil but no. She had to go for personal reasons and it was a sad and reluctant day!!
We now have an Aquafibre Diamond 35 which works for us better at our age :default_cool:

Another boat?!?! :-)

To be fair I have been quite partial to them all! But if we had looked around Silver Cloud before we bought an Evening Shadow share I reckon we would have gone for it!

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Sorry Neil but no. She had to go for personal reasons and it was a sad and reluctant day!!

We now have an Aquafibre Diamond 35 which works for us better at our age :default_cool:

What`s she called Bill, we`ll look out for you whenever we`re afloat on Lightning.  If you`d rather not say on here, please pm me.  We`re back on Lightning from mid November, so here`s hoping for a mild one, and with no north easterly winds like we had 2 years back in November,  brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.