Gracie

addicted

it was still for sale from boots into the 80's, maybe the early 90's as for my mum, most detergents brought her out in a rash, I believe there is still a soap based washing powder still available that she uses (one of the green friendly to the environment ones)

• Like 1

Going back to the late 60's early 70's when the only Levi's you could buy were the un-shrunk type. 

A friend of mine to make sure they fitted well decided to sit in the bath with the said jeans on, he thought it would be a good idea to put in most of the packet of soap flakes into the water which ended up almost with him and the jeans stuck in the quagmire of set soap flakes.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Whiter than white.   My God to get things white these days like your towels you have to go to such lengths.    Aerial tabs , Vanish Crystal white,  a descaling tablet and softener.      I am sure years ago your OMO, Persil, Daz, etc whitened your washing without all of this added stuff.     My Nan used to bung it all in the Copper as she called it.   Mondays was wash day,   whether it was snowing , foggy or pouring with rain, it was wash day.

Genuine folk do not get offended it is only a sad minority in this country.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, addicted said:
6 minutes ago, addicted said:

could someone kindly explain to me how a post expressing concern for the wellbeing of Gracie managed to morph into a discussion  about the merits (or not) of washing powder? Priceless!!

I doubt it! anymore than I can expain how I managed to have two quotation boxes here. Some things will remain a mystery for ever,

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Years ago now when Robin Hood airport was RAF Finningley, some of the married quarters displayed a box of ‘OMO’ in a window. Apparently it was to signify ‘Old Man Out’

Griff

Even as recent at the early 1990’s a washing powder box was placed in the windows of the Waterbeach barracks houses when the wife was “ available” , I was always lead to believe OMO stood for On Manoevers Overseas 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, addicted said:

could someone kindly explain to me how a post expressing concern for the wellbeing of Gracie managed to morph into a discussion  about the merits (or not) of washing powder? Priceless!!

Regards,

Carole

Let me bring it back to Gracie.Lets talk about chocolate, wine and shoes.I like chocolate and wine, not together mind .Not fussed  about shoes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, addicted said:

Regards,

Carole

Same thing happened to me when I'm looking at You Tube one minute you're looking at Boats and the next your watching beekeeping . Hope Grace is ok and comes back soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 01/10/2018 at 12:24, MauriceMynah said:

"Live and let live" was deemed to be snuffist  (offensive to the dead) and as such it's use is not permissible.

Dear Sir, 
*Cough *rasp *wheeze the correct modern terminology to use is 'vitally challenged'! A snuffist is a professional snuff-taker, although I can see how confusion can occur. My Aunt Maud was the captain of the Stalham Spinster Snufflers Formation Snuff Snorting Side in the late 1920's. Sadly she became vitally challenged during the 1929 final when she accidentally sneezed having consumed two vindaloos and three pints of Pernod during the semi-final celebrations the previous night. Due to her smoking a woodbine at the time of the incident the coroner had a hard time finding the cause of her being vitally challenged and therefore recorded it as a tobacco-related injury. The term 'snuffed it' was coined in his final report and refers to the 'means' and not the result.

I hope this has given you some insight.
Yours faithfully St John Goitscuttle Crene-Smith

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Timbo said:

Yours faithfully St John Goitscuttle Crene-Smith

Sir I challenge you that you are nothing but that boundah

Hercules Gritpype-Thynne

Yours Henryyyyyyyy Crun

HOn Sec East Acton Volunteer Auxiliary Civilian Fire Brigade

• Haha 2

Sir,

I'm writing to you on behalf of my father, Maurice Mynah who is, for the moment tied up contacting the international snuff taking fraternity (The section of the masons who aren't allowed chisels) to confirm your claim. He is yet to enlighten me as to why he has to tie himself up to perform this task, nor why he's naked, but there you go.

It is his assertion that "Vitally Challenged" was the politically correct term back in the 80s and 90s but was dropped from polite conversation owing to it having deceased activists turning in their graves causing confusion amongst vicars and to have mourners to not know which way to turn.   

This, as you will already know, started the "ist movement" developing such well known terms as "Racist" (The art of calling everyone a winner irrespective of who came first in a race", "Sexist" (See definition of Racist) and the most recent addition Skillist"  (Promoting people to high levels within an organisation irrespective of their inability to do the job. See BA for examples)

There are of course still the dinosaurs within society who continue to maintain that the deceased should have no further say in the democratic process, but such people are generally ignored by we more educated members and consigned to that insignificant section of the population commonly referred to as "Sober".

I remain sir, your most obedient servant.

Cole Mynah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I seem to recall a news report from Australia a year or so back when some had "sustained injuries not compatible with living", after rolling around the floor laughing my gruesome bits off at someone else's misfortune I thought what is wrong with good old fashioned DEAD/DECEASED/EXPIRED/CEASED TO BE/EX-PERSON/PINING FOR THE FJORDS?????

• Like 4

I would clap but it seems that this is now rather frowned on in some quarters ......

"A student union has ditched clapping, whooping and cheering in favour of "jazz hands".

Reps at the University of Manchester voted to replace noisy appreciation with the British Sign Language (BSL) equivalent - a wave of both hands.

Union officer Sara Khan said traditional clapping can cause issues for students with autism, sensory issues or deafness.

But the move was criticised by some who accused students of being "pampered"."

Holds head in hands and  sighs  ..... when/where will it end?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear Cole,

I don't think there is the need for Commotions, after all, Jennifer She Said that being sober results in Perfect Skin reducing the chances of a lost weekend. I have to admit that frequenting the occasional hostelry can result in A Brand New Friend.

St John