Gracie

addicted

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 14:15, ranworthbreeze said:

Going back to the late 60's early 70's when the only Levi's you could buy were the un-shrunk type. 

A friend of mine to make sure they fitted well decided to sit in the bath with the said jeans on, he thought it would be a good idea to put in most of the packet of soap flakes into the water which ended up almost with him and the jeans stuck in the quagmire of set soap flakes.

Regards

Alan 

I well remember a friend at college, Harrison by name, who had bought a pair of Levi's that could only be described as already being a snug fit. However not as snug as Harrison wished so he too resorted to the bath treatment, very effective it was, but with complications. Once shrunk they were so tight that he was unable to get them off! He could turn them down enough to perform a 'number two' but they had shrunk remarkably well to his calves and thighs. After four or five weeks even Harrison had to admit that the growing aroma outweighed the perceived attraction of having the tightest trousers in Lincoln! He eventually cut the stitching and once they were off, and washed, one of the girls in the fashion department set colourful gussets into the legs thus creating a pair of 'ahead of their time', outlandish 'loon pants'.

• Like 2

On 03/10/2018 at 20:06, JennyMorgan said:

I well remember a friend at college, Harrison by name, who had bought a pair of Levi's that could only be described as already being a snug fit. However not as snug as Harrison wished so he too resorted to the bath treatment, very effective it was, but with complications. Once shrunk they were so tight that he was unable to get them off! He could turn them down enough to perform a 'number two' but they had shrunk remarkably well to his calves and thighs. After four or five weeks even Harrison had to admit that the growing aroma outweighed the perceived attraction of having the tightest trousers in Lincoln! He eventually cut the stitching and once they were off, and washed, one of the girls in the fashion department set colourful gussets into the legs thus creating a pair of 'ahead of their time', outlandish 'loon pants'.

This reminds me of a very good friend who has now sadly passed away. He was a few years younger than me (i`m now 60), and in his mid teens bought a pair of unshrunk Levi`s, and being mid winter, and his parents home NOT having central heating, he decided to sit in a HOT bath to shrink them to fit him. Trouble was, being a "hot" bath, the die ran out into the hot water, which he did`nt think mattered. Well, a couple of days later, because the die got into his system and caused severe blood poisoning, his mens two veg swelled up like melons, his words and apparently no exageration, and stayed that way for a few days. While taking strong antibiotics, the swelling went down, but one did`nt stop, so throughout his adult life, he had 1 "plum", and 1 "garden pea". 

It did`nt stop him having 4 children though.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok everyone, time for a little update...

As you all may know my gorgeous little lady hasn't been around these parts lately, the reason being is that a number of weeks ago Grace's dad underwent an operation to amputate below his knee on his left leg.

Grace and her mum are supporting him through his rehabilitation, and as such they have much more important matters to deal with right now.

She has asked me to update you all, and knowing what is best for me I have done as I am told, but I am sure everyone can appreciate her needing a little time away just now and give her some space to concentrate on her parents.

Cheers, Jay

many thanks Jay for the update.

(and I am sure Gracie would see the funny side of the next bit)

Grace and her mum are supporting him through his rehabilitation

Maybe a crutch or walking stick would be better and free them up to take better care of him :default_biggrin::default_gbxhmm::default_coat:

• Haha 3

Thanks for the update Jay.

Grace we miss you but "real life" is more important than this place ... which will still be here when you're able to pop by.

I hope your dad is adjusting and that you and the rest of your family are well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Thanks for the update Jay.

Next time you are in touch with Gracie please pass on my kindest regards.

No problem Jeff and I passed on your regards instantly seeing as we are never apart :default_biggrin:

8 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Ok everyone, time for a little update...

As you all may know my gorgeous little lady hasn't been around these parts lately, the reason being is that a number of weeks ago Grace's dad underwent an operation to amputate below his knee on his left leg.

Grace and her mum are supporting him through his rehabilitation, and as such they have much more important matters to deal with right now.

She has asked me to update you all, and knowing what is best for me I have done as I am told, but I am sure everyone can appreciate her needing a little time away just now and give her some space to concentrate on her parents.

Cheers, Jay

Thanks.

Tell her I said hello , miss her and am thinking of her . 

Neil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, addicted said:

Greatly relieved to know that there is nothing amiss with Gracie thanks so much for the update.

No problem. Grace is as perfect as she always is :default_smiley-angelic002:

Thanks everyone, all well wishes passed on :default_smile: