One For Griff

Wildfuzz

I decided to tidy up the little .410 that I keep on the ATV when feeding the shoot, over forty years old and was looking a little tired. So applied some Lictenberg fractals with my new gizmo from the states, she is now know as "Little Lightening"

Lichtenberg stock2.jpg

Lichtenberg stock1.jpg

• Like 5

Webley and Scott also made a bolt action .410 with a magazine like a rifle so it was possible to be a 3 shot.

They also used the same action modified for rim fire in their 9mm, 3 bore garden gun. Anshutz were the other big makers of 9mm shotguns very useful for ratting and inside barns as they would not cause structural damage. The vast majority of 9mm shotguns were consigned to be scrapped because their barrels were mostly less than 24" and hence became unable to be licenced as a shotgun and were subject to FAC.

The pull and twist "Safety" of the bolt action is the only one I have any faith in.

Most safety catches stop the trigger being pulled! That is no guarantee that the gun will not discharge if banged or dropped. 

13 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

The pull and twist "Safety" of the bolt action is the only one I have any faith in.

Most safety catches stop the trigger being pulled! That is no guarantee that the gun will not discharge if banged or dropped. 

Why would you be carrying a loaded gun in any place,

you could bang or drop it in the first place?

I have seen a gun drop a gun at his peg until which time he was holding it closed but safe with the barrels skywards, I have also seen a gun bashed into the cage on a shooting ground that did discharge. However the cage did keep the shot forwards.

45 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Why would you be carrying a loaded gun in any place,

you could bang or drop it in the first place?

See above. You can never assume a gun is safe.

• Like 1