Fender clips

Hi all

IU am looking for some fender clips to make it a little easier for Maggot to get out / put away the fenders. At the moment they are tied to the bottom of the stanchions which is a bit of a pain if not a little un-nerving when bending over to untie at deck level :o

I have seen quite a few different types / makes: Fenderfast, fenderloc etc. Can anyone advise which are good?

Also some of the guardrail is wire. I guess it would be ok to hang the fenders from the wires as long as we keep them close to the stanctions?

thanks in advance

regards

Wayne

These are the ones we use Wayne. If you look at the sellers other items, he also does the guardwire ones..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fend-Fix-xl-Boat-fender-clips-/230489240204?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item35aa3ab28c

They do tend to break every now and again so worth buying a couple spare.

As David has alluded SWMBO seems to have a penchant for these things and we have spent over the years more than the GDP of a third world country :o

We have tried most of them all ours were for the rail.

Current favourite is Fend Fix (the one Luke has posted) followed closely by Fender Flutes (see image below)

I can't understand what is wrong with a hitch but SWMBO seems to like experimenting and I am told clearly that this is not my 'department' :?

post-79-136713716124_thumb.jpg

http://www.compassmarine.co.uk/product_cat.asp?CategoryID=29

These are the ones I bought 7 years ago and never used. All the ones you guys have posted pics of look a lot better :oops:

We bought some of those from the boat show Jim, and are quite happy with them. We solved the height adjustment issue by simply wrapping turns around the pulpit rail. Not so easy with guard wires though.