Lake Lothing Memory

Ray

She was raised and then sunk again a number of times. In the end she was towed away and beached on the South shore of Lake Lothing where it was intended that she'd be scrapped. I believe that there is still something of her hull remaining.

PS Her name is Yellow Tail.

• Like 1

Thank you...  poor old girl it's sad to see her like that. I wonder where I got the idea she had been blown up, it always seemed a bit extreme!

That final resting place photo makes a great image though I must say, an art shot!

It really is sad to see such a vessel in that sort of condition especially if she has seen much better days and given lots of pleasure or had been a good workhorse for her owners.

I remember seeing "Anacapri" which was moored just upstream of Stokesby deteriorate and rot to pieces over the years. She has gone now but I wonder what her story was?

• Like 1

Yellow tail!

Twas me and a friend who put the 18ft fibreglass shark on her roof for a week until someone suggested it would look better hanging from the arm of "the call of the sea" statue outside Tuttles and so we went and retrieved it.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Yellow tail!

Twas me and a friend who put the 18ft fibreglass shark on her roof for a week until someone suggested it would look better hanging from the arm of "the call of the sea" statue outside Tuttles and so we went and retrieved it.

But did you ever hang it on the 'Call of the Sea'? Traffic cones and French Letters were the normal addition to the statue, don't recall a shark though :default_sad:

10 hours ago, Ray said:

Was this Anacapri by any chance. It's from my photos taken about the same time but I'm not sure the background scenery is right for near Stokesby.. although it may have changed over the years!

0081.jpg

No Ray, that is definitely not Anacapri. Nevertheless your picture is still a sad sight.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/10/2018 at 10:37, JennyMorgan said:

But did you ever hang it on the 'Call of the Sea'? Traffic cones and French Letters were the normal addition to the statue, don't recall a shark though :default_sad:

We did, one Friday evening but for some reason, can't think why,  an 18 foot fibreglass shark on a roof rack atop a Hillman Avenger had attracted the attention of the boys in blue. 

Anyway we were allowed to place it, photograph it and then had to remove it or be done for littering.... lol.

• Haha 1