St Olaves Moorings

Baitrunner

2 hours ago, EastCoastIPA said:

I think the problem with The Fishermans is that the trade is only seasonal and the holiday park which own The Fishermans cannot get a tenant to take it on full time. The last few years I believe the holiday park have opened it themselves almost as a loss leader because it is seen as part of the facilities of the park for guests. Therefore they open it once the park is starting to get busy and close it the moment guest numbers start to drop off. I may be wrong but I don't think the park has a clubhouse as such, therefore the only bar / restaurant is The Fishermans and is central to the parks facilities, otherwise I think they would leave it shut if they could.

To be honest the whole pub and marina could do with some much needed investment. A lot of the entrance to the marina is falling into the Waveney. Could probably do with Goodchild putting in an offer for the marina to extend its moorings.

hi

a little update, the Burgh castle park,mariner ,and pub has been sold, to the guy who owns kingfisher, this is in the public domain ,as letters have been sent out to berth holders ,and park customers,personaly hoping for some investment as really like mooring there,

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, diesel falcon said:

hi

a little update, the Burgh castle park,mariner ,and pub has been sold, to the guy who owns kingfisher, this is in the public domain ,as letters have been sent out to berth holders ,and park customers,personaly hoping for some investment as really like mooring there,

Would have been nice to see Goodchild acquire the marina and upgrade it, but still good to hear that the whole lot is under new ownership. Cannot see them buy it to carry on as it has been, so hopefully some much needed investment will be forthcoming. Also be good if somehow the new owners could make the pub a year round attraction, or at least open for a decent length season.

14 minutes ago, annv said:

and if you want to there is a foot path up to the pub/road.

And if you go the other way along the flood bank and through the woods you can get to the decoy tavern with only the small back road, it's just on a mile in total and a fantastic walk back when dark.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the responses folks. 

Lovely day for a run on the boat. 

Passed Malanka this morning. 

Reedham bridge played ball and opened on time. 

2 runs over Breydon with no other boats in sight and engines running sweet.

refuelled at Goodchilds £368. Ouch but £100 cheaper than brooms!!! (£1.198 per litre) and Martin on the pontoon was a gem.

moored up for the night at St Olaves  lovely moorings as I had been advised. Enjoying the sun and a beer before we light the BBQ. Is this really mid October?

IMG_1409.thumb.JPG.d59c3e85d6dbebf441191c7b4f24c89c.JPG

• Like 8

The heads are all good. Fortunately it wasn't a full bottle!!

bit of luck on the electric post as well. 50p on one socket and £1:50 on the other. Had as many electrical things going as we could, but still only used 30p!!:default_biggrin:

loveky and calm as well. Sun just breaking through. 

I reckon these moorings are good for 3 x 40 footers. There was a 44, my 38 and a little 32 on here last night and you wouldn't have got another on. Shame as they are really nice.