Jump to content
  • Announcements

    Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

    Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

    Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

  • If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

    Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
Wyndham

October Where?

Recommended Posts

Looks a bit like the Waveney going upstream just before Somerleyton.....

but there again..............:default_icon_e_biggrin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea where it is but what a lovely photo. Was it taken today? The weather was amazing for mid-October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Looks a bit like the Waveney going upstream just before Somerleyton.....

but there again..............:default_icon_e_biggrin:

So close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SwanR said:

No idea where it is but what a lovely photo. Was it taken today? The weather was amazing for mid-October.

Yes, it was taken yesterday. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, diesel falcon said:

just past the turn off to beccles on the waveny,heading to somerlayton?

Haven’t you got work to do? :default_eusa_naughty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Waveney traveling south towards and about a mile from the Oulton broad junc  approaching the water sky landing place after the derelict steam pump house which is on your right . a 6 figure map reference would be better but map is on boat.John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, diesel falcon said:

just past the turn off to beccles on the waveny,heading to somerlayton?

Again, so close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, annv said:

On the Waveney traveling south towards and about a mile from the Oulton broad junc  approaching the water sky landing place after the derelict steam pump house which is on your right . a 6 figure map reference would be better but map is on boat.John

Sounds about perfect, well done, although I have no idea what a water sky landing area is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a flat area on the east bank with a small cutting where the water skiers sit and launch from .John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, annv said:

Its a flat area on the east bank with a small cutting where the water skiers sit and launch from .John

I'll look on the way back tomorrow, don't start waving your trophy yet. :default_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, annv said:

OOh do i get a prize how exciting i can't wait,thanks John

I checked. 

486,956 ... you can self certify your prize next time you're with an os map. :default_biggrin:

Although I didn't realise, there is a big (small) clue in the photo. You can just make out a blurry railway line signal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NBN Mobile App

    Want to use NBN when you're out and about?

    Get our mobile app for Android and iOS!

    Get it on Google Play

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.