New Boat From Herbert Woods

NorfolkNog

19 hours ago, oldgregg said:

It does look like there's not a huge amount of space generally, yeah.

With boats generally the amount of space inboard reflects the appearance outside. The offering from woods looks quite attractive, she has nice boat like lines but that comes at the cost of internal space. The offering from faircraft offers more internal space but looks like an aborted double decker bus. You pays your money and takes your choice, but it is good to have that choice.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

If they get a refund however they feel quite chuffed. 

Yes I know but they may not even be on that boat if they see a lower deposit takes the  overall cost down at a competitor - such as Faircraft Loynes. 

• Like 3

It's a fair point. If you see the same, or similar boats advertised by one yard at £1800 and another at £1665, all beacuase of the difference in fuel deposits which one will you book. Of course, the people booking at £1800 might get a hundred plus of that back on return but in this day and age headline pricing is king. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paul said:

It's a fair point. If you see the same, or similar boats advertised by one yard at £1800 and another at £1665, all because of the difference in fuel deposits which one will you book. Of course, the people booking at £1800 might get a hundred plus off that back on return but in this day and age headline pricing is king. 

This was my point exactly. I didn't think that the pricing was immediately obvious. Initially I picked my date and looked at the price and thought that it was out of my budget. But when I read the small print underneath and realised that it included £150 fuel deposit then all of a sudden that's a different proposition. I clicked as if to book the boat just to check that I hadn't read it wrong. £699 plus whatever fuel one uses is a very different proposition when booking than £849 and you will probably get some money back.

Apart from anything else, why should the hire companies have my money for months only to give most of it back!! I know I've said this before but why should the fuel deposit be the same no matter the length of hire? £150 is excessive for a 4 day booking in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SwanR said:

This was my point exactly. I didn't think that the pricing was immediately obvious. Initially I picked my date and looked at the price and thought that it was out of my budget. But when I read the small print underneath and realised that it included £150 fuel deposit then all of a sudden that's a different proposition. I clicked as if to book the boat just to check that I hadn't read it wrong. £699 plus whatever fuel one uses is a very different proposition when booking than £849 and you will probably get some money back.

Apart from anything else, why should the hire companies have my money for months only to give most of it back!! I know I've said this before but why should the fuel deposit be the same no matter the length of hire? £150 is excessive for a 4 day booking in my opinion.

Hi Jean I posted earlier on fuel deposits we paid £60 and you I think paid £120 same yard same size boat and both 4 days ????

Tony