• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• calender payment

Calendar Paymene

Delivery Options
    Your NBN Forum Username:

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

For anyone visiting the area Wroxham Angling are now closed till they can find new premises, the nearest ones now are Horning, Ludham Bridge or Stalham.

Fred

Heard the local 'gos' on this one this morning, boardroom politics, so I'm told. That aside Budgie Burgess still has his Bass-On-Line tackle shop in Horning. Whilst I know him well as an angler I've never visited his shop but I do hear others recommend it.

That's a surprise, never heard or saw that one coming. I'm familiar with the tackle shops at Ludham Bridge, Stalham and Potter Heigham.  Where is the tackle shop in Horning, is it on-line orders only?

Tks,

Griff

7 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Where is the tackle shop in Horning,

Tks,

Griff

Between the turn to The Ferry Inn and Richos marina.

The bloke in there is incredibly helpful, lives above the shop and will serve you out of hours if you ring his doorbell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

That's a surprise, never heard or saw that one coming. I'm familiar with the tackle shops at Ludham Bridge, Stalham and Potter Heigham.  Where is the tackle shop in Horning, is it on-line orders only?

Tks,

Griff

Apparently neither did Angling Direct!

I’ll stick my head above the quay heading and suggest the bottoms dropped out of the keepnet for tackle shops maybe, it’s all on line these days. And what impact is fewer moorings having, less spots to fish I expect. And what with more holding tanks and crayfish.... We’reel doomed?

• Like 1

It's those bloody otters :default_biggrin::default_biggrin::default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:42, Turnoar said:

I’ll stick my head above the quay heading and suggest the bottoms dropped out of the keepnet for tackle shops maybe, it’s all on line these days. And what impact is fewer moorings having, less spots to fish I expect. And what with more holding tanks and crayfish.... We’reel doomed?

Angling Directs notice says they are looking for new premises in Wroxham / Hoveton, it's not that they are going out of Business..

42 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Angling Directs notice says they are looking for new premises in Wroxham / Hoveton, it's not that they are going out of Business..

Absolutely right. Not for me to spread the gos but the old premises was more than adequately viable. The closure was not of AD's making, be assured of that.

On 20/10/2018 at 19:42, Turnoar said:

I think there is a lot more by the way of good quality competition now than there was. We have a good tackle shop at Horning in Bass online and another at Ludham Bridge, both of which sell the same sort of products, often at better prices and with friendly service to boot.

• Like 1

If Wroxham is left without a tackle shop I can imagine the size of the queue at the maggot machine  on a busy Saturday in mid summer!!!

That is assuming that it still has some stock left in it !!!!

Jeff

Jeff, is Baggit with Maggit still alive and wriggling in Wroxham? Must be a collectors item, a real vending time machine, is it the reel thing?