Jump to content

Hatch Latches

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

I'm looking for a new set of foredeck escape hatch latches......

I have surfed the net for a set, but can't find anything like them.

I Don't know if they were just an eighties thing and don't exist any more or i am typing the wrong word to search for them.

Here is the best description that i can give you......... There are alloy two handles fixed to the foredeck hatch which rotate and each have a thick blade that locates into a black plastic channel (These plastic parts are just screwed to the inside of the boat). when you turn the handle the blade moves downwards and across in the channnel which pulls the hatch down tighter and then stops the hatch from being lifted up. I am after a pair the plastic channel parts. They are really crude in design and i thought that they would be easy to find, but it would appear not. If anybody knows where i can find a pair, or what they are actually called, i would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think ive got the same in mine.

I did happen to see the very things in Norfolk marine.

If they are what i'm thinking of.. Give them a ring. The old boy in there is very helpful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Sponsors

    Norfolk Broads Network is run by volunteers - You can help us run it by making a donation

  • Create New...

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.