Brinks Serenade

JamesLV

Well, it’s booked, now the long wait until we get up there, today will be the start of the planning which will no doubt change several times.

Still, we have a few days in the Isle of Wight and a week at my dads place in Italy, and take the boat out on the lake there between now and the Broads, so not all bad!

• Like 1

On 25/10/2018 at 08:03, JamesLV said:

It think it’s probably all relative, compared to a bathtub or a fly bridge cruiser then yes visibility will be compromised, but when compared to a sedan cruiser, other than rearward visibility, it really shouldn’t be that different. Given you only really use rearward visibility for the occasional check what’s behind you, or stern on mooring, which you do at very slow speed, I’m not too fussed. We chose Serenade for the same reasons you chose Benmore, I’ve tried to get under Ludham bridge for the last 3 years in a boat that should easily go under at low tide, but been thwarted by high river levels where the bridge was showing 8’2” even at low water. Next year we will be taking full advantage and spending 3 nights on the Ant

What boat were you in that couldn't get under Ludham bridge at 8'2"?

We have hired one of the flybridge Alphacraft 35's from Richardsons next year and even that only claims to be 7'9"

https://www.richardsonsboatingholidays.co.uk/boats/swan-ranger/

Be a tight squeeze if the bridge was reading 8'2" granted but it would go through!