An Autumnal Tale

7 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Right hand pic shouts Waveney Oulton Broad........

Sorry Mr Nog but nope :default_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Delilah said:

I'm surprised that you didn't pick up the fire hazard there,  JF!

Pfft, hazard.

Far too busy with my own log by the side of a proper raging fire Mrs Nog

On another note, you've gone quiet for a minute Grace :default_smiley-angelic002:

Perhaps (and this is complete guess, bearing in mind that this may be one of Mr Horrocks' pubs)....The Beauchamp??

Sorry no Mrs Nog. It's neither the Beauchamp nor the Waveney,  

my smug face is forming... :default_trophy:

Pfft, hazard.

On another note, you've gone quiet for a minute Grace :default_smiley-angelic002:

Perhaps (and this is complete guess, bearing in mind that this may be one of Mr Horrocks' pubs)....The Beauchamp??

Pfft, hazard.

26 minutes ago, Delilah said:

No? You surprise me! :default_biggrin:

Mrs Nog I'm just not a smug kind of guy, well other than with how I managed to get the little lady I got anyway :default_smiley-angelic002:

20 minutes ago, Delilah said:

Kings Head in Loddon, perhaps?

Before I answer, and I'm not saying it is correct or not, but who said this one, and is it a guess?

21 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I haven't gone quiet darling but I can't take part in the pub game now can I? It would be cheating and anyway the Nogs always get there in the end and for goodness sake please let's go in the Woods End just for Mr N :default_biggrin:

Seeing as you are the one overseeing this ruddy nonsensical game why are you announcing the answers in advance??? 

I have to admit, the Nogs are exceptionally good at these pubs, hats off to them, but we know where we will catch them out. 

#Nogfailure

22 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Mrs Nog I'm just not a smug kind of guy, well other than with how I managed to get the little lady I got anyway :default_smiley-angelic002:

Before I answer, and I'm not saying it is correct or not, but who said this one, and is it a guess?

It's me, I know it's probably not as good as 'im, but thought I'd have a go xx

• Like 1

Well burger me, and I normally check for these things before posting too. 

I had drunk a pint or two of Shandy before hand in fairness.

BTW Nogs, these aren't included in the more difficult category as I had previously prepped them, maybe days ago... :default_norty:

Like this one from last night which my little lady begged me not to post, she's not a fan of red wine apparently but finished the bottle anyway, I just had the pint of San Miguel :default_smiley-angelic002:

20181102_191110.thumb.jpg.1a4f0a51e8cbc0915d8cbf22ba589098.jpg

Eyes away from the newspaper on the window sill boys :default_biggrin:

Saturday 3rd November

A bright start to the day in Loddon, but today was going to be a short travel day.20181103_071240.thumb.jpg.22c015dd36ba960d1e3176d9aa755b33.jpg

The usual morning chores completed and I set off heading back to Brundall in order to get the kids on the train in order to return home.20181103_071250.thumb.jpg.30e89f50466004a0b7a606d2dc62577e.jpg

So we made the return journey back up the Chet in the morning sunshine passing a few boats along the way on their way down towards Loddon before I made the left turn to head up the Yare to Brundall.20181103_090430.thumb.jpg.19ccf0a636ab9efb59fe92d4df012e4a.jpg20181103_092754.thumb.jpg.de64dd5077d36b2993ad1e8a105e2df2.jpg

I was fighting the tide all the way along the Yare which made it a slow trundle indeed, there were a number of boats out and about along the river who all seemed in a jovial mood.20181103_095434.thumb.jpg.2d5b356cf34b2c66b747687d2ab76c66.jpg

As I was nearing Brundall there was a boat out doing speed tests, which was fun to watch as we approached them, until they stopped to allow us to pass by and then moor up in Brundall.20181103_101342.thumb.jpg.0c094f6fa67ab375b51ae18f2909ae0c.jpg

After packing up the boat a little we went into The Yare pub for a bit of dinner as we waited for the train to arrive. Once I had been left standing alone on the platform I returned to the boat where I was meeting a potential buyer of one of our shares.20181103_133954.thumb.jpg.d86ef46b056eb33520ec8c3150caed8c.jpg

Once they had been, it was little late in the afternoon, and so I spent the rest of the day on board in Brundall.

2 minutes ago, Delilah said:

What did I say, Grace? A pump clip? A fire? I'm waiting for the spiders web and the blade of grass...... :facepalm:

Surely it isn't too hard for you Mrs Nog :default_smiley-angelic002:

32 minutes ago, Delilah said:

What did I say, Grace? A pump clip? A fire? I'm waiting for the spiders web and the blade of grass...... :facepalm:

It does seem a bit vague but we have every faith in you and Mr N, your knowledge of Broads pubs is excellent

I'll have a word, see if I'm allowed to drop a hint :default_wink: Allowed?? What am I talking about, I mean I'm going to tell him I'm dropping a hint :default_biggrin:

Grace