An Autumnal Tale

Ah, me and Mrs Nog have been scratching our heads. We've not been in the Broadshaven since it was tarted up so that explains it. In fact it's one pub we tended to avoid! I though I'd read somewhere it was all painted black? Probably the Stella was a good choice in there :default_norty:

Anyway keep the teasers coming JF :default_beerchug:

7 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Ah, me and Mrs Nog have been scratching our heads. We've not been in the Broadshaven since it was tarted up so that explains it. In fact it's one pub we tended to avoid! I though I'd read somewhere it was all painted black? Probably the Stella was a good choice in there :default_norty:

It's certainly still a work in progress Mr Nog, it's cold and there are still sheets on the ceiling covering the roof, which is due to be renovated in December I believe, but the owners are friendly, they welcomed me in even though they weren't officially open just when I arrived and are trying to make what was a wreck into something worth visiting.

They still need time and it certainly isn't ever going to be everyone's cup of tea, but the food gets good reviews, they serve beer, have a pool table (not a patch on my favourite at The Ferry Inn Stokesby) and have a large screen with music t.v. and show sports too.

Give it a look, just go in with an open mind. You will probably hate it, but it is another option to the Falgate Inn. I wish them well.

Anyway keep the teasers coming JF :default_beerchug:

I'll try Sir

3 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Thanks for the update JF. We'll certainly visit in December. Only experienced it under previous ownership so it will be interesting to have a look. Anything they've done has got to be an improvement! 

No worries Mr Nog, do give it and try, just don't come moaning at me if you don't like it :default_rofl:

I think it's worth a try just for the fact they are giving it a good go.

Anyway, here you go, not pictured is the small glass of wine for my lady....

Oops sorry Grace I meant to order a large. Honest.

20181031_125503.thumb.jpg.9f47b4282fd2be2e28e90c7c5aca382c.jpg

11 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Glad you are thinking of Grace JF :91_thumbsup:

Looks very like the Ferry at Horning to me  :default_beerchug:

Wouldn't dream of it :default_smiley-angelic002:  :default_norty:

Don't worry Mr N, he got the death stare and bought me a large one :default_biggrin:

My roughtie toughtie not under the thumb guy, believe that you'll believe anything :default_biggrin:

Grace

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Glad you are thinking of Grace JF :91_thumbsup:

Now why the hell would I be thinking of anything else :default_biggrin:

24 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Looks very like the Ferry at Horning to me  :default_beerchug:

You are correct sir, well done. We will have more for you shortly.

5 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Don't worry Mr N, he got the death stare and bought me a large one :default_biggrin:

As if I would even dream of walking back from the bar with a small glass for you. I'd know that my night was ruined already

5 minutes ago, Gracie said:

My roughtie toughtie not under the thumb guy, believe that you'll believe anything :default_biggrin:

I'm glad you admit that in public finally. :default_hiding:

Now stop messaging on our thread and concentrate on where you are pointing the boat, or sit your gorgeous self down and let me get back to it again :default_icon_kiss:

28 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Oh and hang on, I am a roughtie roughtie not under the thumb guy.

Stop telling everyone otherwise, you promised :default_biggrin:

8 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Second one is Kings Head, Hoveton :default_swordpir:

Woodforde's finest beer too :default_biggrin:

Having a think about the first one............:default_unsure: 

You're correct as always Mr Nog well done. Didn't risk trying the Nog though, far too dark for my tastes as you know :default_smiley-angelic002:

8 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

........hold up, its the same pub! Kings Head :default_beerchug:

:default_rofl: correct

8 hours ago, Londonlad1985 said:

Mr Fire, it's been a while since I've been around & always enjoy a seasonal tale! This one has particularly piqued my interest as your moored next to me in Wroxham I believe and the shadows do make a striking pair! Do say hello if you're around! 

Hi LL, I most certainly am moored beside you in Wroxham, or should I say was as I am about to leave now (hope I don't wake you) at 0540, heading back down South 

I noticed Evening Shadow as I came in, if I had known it was you on board I would most certainly come and said hi when I arrived.

I got back in from the pub last night and after sorting the kids I thought it was a little late to come knocking so I do apologise and i didn't think you'd appreciate a 0530 wake up call.

Hope to bump into you again soon though (not literally), we still need to give you that Southern drinker lesson don't we :default_biggrin:

Have a great time for the remains of your holiday mate :default_smile:

7 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

I'd have a look for him in the Kings Head LL  (just stick your head around the door and shout FIRE! - or GRACE....)    :default_norty:

He'd have been more than welcome Sir, as would you if our paths ever cross on the rivers.

Mines a Stella, and the lady will have what she is given, but likes a small white wine (preferably sparkling) :default_smiley-angelic002:

1 hour ago, SteveDuk said:

How long are you up north for Jay?

We are out on Thunder from Saturday.

I'm heading back South this morning mate but from Saturday I am without the kids and may end up anywhere once again.

Are you staying up north? I may well return up north again at the weekend I'm not sure.

32 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

I'm heading back South this morning mate but from Saturday I am without the kids and may end up anywhere once again.

Are you staying up north? I may well return up north again at the weekend I'm not sure.

Yes we'll be staying north, we have our 6yo nephew out for the weekend and he is going home Sunday night so we will be back in Horning then, after that it's anywhere with electric :)

Steve

Last night I used the bridge pilot mooring Sir, there are also the Hotel moorings but they were full and also Barnes will allow me to moor when it's convenient for them.

I'll be honest in the past I've been naughty (well it's more fun) and used Faircraft after they have closed and left early the next morning.

I did pop in last night but was a bit early and they spotted me :default_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, SteveDuk said:

Yes we'll be staying north, we have our 6yo nephew out for the weekend and he is going home Sunday night so we will be back in Horning then, after that it's anywhere with electric :)

Steve

May well see you around then Steve, I hope your young nephew has a great time as well as yourselves.

Enjoy