An Autumnal Tale

52 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Now who is on Endevour??? :default_smile:

Whoever you were, I couldn't make out what you shouted over as we passed, I worked it out after though so apologies and

:default_icon_wave:

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

It does seem a bit vague but we have every faith in you and Mr N, your knowledge of Broads pubs is excellent

You chose the pictures, what do you mean a bit vague

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

I'll have a word, see if I'm allowed to drop a hint :default_wink: Allowed?? What am I talking about, I mean I'm going to tell him I'm dropping a hint :default_biggrin:

They don't need no ruddy hints Grace, the things you come out with whilst I'm busy helming :facepalm:

Ad you can see, no hints. Because I'm the man, and that's how it works :default_smile:

4 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

That looks very much like The New Inn at Rockland. Certainly The Green Jack I had there last weekend was very good.

Well done there Mr ECIPA you are of course absolutely correct.

I wouldn't know about any Green Jack mate but the Kronies is a bit flat, how can anyone drink stuff without a good fizz and a bland taste :default_smiley-angelic002:

20181104_134856.jpg

6 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

And the previous one, I do recognise that fire and those bar stools. Is the cob web still in the corner of the bar? and hopefully the blade of grass isn't under water like it was last week. :default_rofl:

It can only be The I'll give The Nogs one more chance before I say it. :default_beerchug:

Maybe the pub crown will need to be handed over shortly ECIPA, but I have every faith in the Nogs knowledge yet...

Hmmmm, not many pubs sell Wolf and have a fire. The pub which sells Wolf probably more than any other is the Dog but it doesn't look right. The Bridge has started selling a guest ale but the fires not right. 

I'll have a wild guess and say the Beauchamp 

If not I think we'll have to leave it to Mr ECIPA :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Hmmmm, not many pubs sell Wolf and have a fire. The pub which sells Wolf probably more than any other is the Dog but it doesn't look right. The Bridge has started selling a guest ale but the fires not right. 

I'll have a wild guess and say the Beauchamp 

If not I think we'll have to leave it to Mr ECIPA :default_biggrin:

It's not the Beauchamp Sir Nog.

I want you to know, to me, you'll always be the pub king, I'm not disappointed at all in any way :default_crying1animated:

:default_biggrin:

Come on then ECIPA Mr Nog is calling your bluff mate :default_smile:

23 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

I knew there was a danger of that happening. :default_rofl:

So you'z been bluffing Mr ECIPA?? :default_eusa_naughty:

I reckon it's The Coldham Hall tavern. Was a little unfair as I was also in there last week. :default_beerchug:

It really really was unfair. You're wrong though, it's not one of Coldham Hall........yet

Has Grace made this too tough???

I'll have a rethink tonight, but in the meantime, I'll leave it open for the Nogs to redeem themselves :default_smiley-angelic002:

Here is another one, so there are now 2 still unknown now...

20181104_164951.thumb.jpg.fcbfe18ce3d14ae0130f04e26e579e44.jpg

4 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I agree, only one pub I can think of with brickwork like that :default_beerchug:

Plus I just so happened to be in there last week as well :default_eusa_naughty: and they had Magners dark fruit and Bud Light on then. :default_rofl:

So we just need to find the other one, which I'm starting to think is The Ferry Reedham. The proximity of the wine glasses to the pump is throwing me. In my opinion they are far to close to the real drink! :default_eusa_naughty:

But on second thoughts The Ferry has a log burner, not open fire, maybe it's The Ship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

throwing me. In my opinion they are far to close to the real drink!

Exactly what me and Mrs N thought. I've never known the Ferry sell Wolf but you never know. Do they not have a stove though? 

3 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

That other one is a killer though. As I say Wolf isn't massively common on the Broads. I think I've seen it in the Ship too but they don't have a fire. It'll probably turn out to be the Waters Edge :default_norty:

I'm fairly certain it's not The Waters Edge, but think your going in the right direction, so I'll say last answer The Surlingham Ferry.

• Like 1

Its a wonderful debate guys, I'm loving it and I am glad Grace and I have finally put up a challenge for the resident experts of broadland pubs.

The latest one was indeed the Reedcutter at Cantley well done, but the longest lasting which pub question in history is still unsolved. It hasn't been guessed yet, and I don't agree with just random guesses but I know everyone knows this pub.

Come on guys, I have faith in you :default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Jbx5 said:

Mr Jayfire looking out for his next pub this afternoon as passed near Brundall 

John

Thanks John, sorry to have missed you in The New Inn this afternoon :default_smile: