Identification

smitch6

Hi i'm in the process of buying a boat.

the seller has it advertised as a hampton safari mk1

they say it is an Eastwick variant

however i can't find anything anywhere about it.

but it is very similar to a classic although all the classics i've seen are wood topped this is all fibreglass

i've attached a couple of pics

she was in hire before going onto the thames i can't remeber the number she had there off hand but her name was/is Jane Anne

any help appreciated pls

HS.jpg

HS back.jpg

The Falcons went under Potter Bridge, but needed a smidge over 7' 0" there and back.  My memory is not good, but I believe one needed 7' 2" because it sat vey high at the front.  None had that add-on at the rear.  Again from memory, the front windows are split in the middle by a very wide section of grp which made lining the boats up on the bridge much more difficult.

The Hamptons pass Potter Bridge at anything from 6' 5" . to 6' 7"

• Like 1

Had one in the hire fleet on the Thames the first year or so I worked there in the early 90’s.  They were wider, slightly longer and felt roomier than a Safari with a large aft cockpit.  It had a 1.5 BMC on a V drive gearbox.

30 minutes ago, NeilB said:

Had one in the hire fleet on the Thames the first year or so I worked there in the early 90’s.  They were wider, slightly longer and felt roomier than a Safari with a large aft cockpit.  It had a 1.5 BMC on a V drive gearbox.

you don't remeber the name do you? or number as this one was on the thames

probably not the same one then as this one is called Jane Anne

annoying news though as i know the HS go for around 15K

i'm buying this one for 5.5K as a resto project as it's quite rough, 

and expecting to spend at least another 5K on her

and just spoke to boatshed who said they had 1 for sale for well over a year and ended up reducing the price from 14 to 7K as it didn't sell

Saw this on the Boat Listing...

Jane Anne Built by Eastwick Norfolk in 1977 - Length : 7.9 metres ( 25 feet 11 inches ) - Beam : 3.2 metres ( 10 feet 6 inches )
Powered by an Inboard Diesel engine with a capacity of 1500 CC. Registered with Environment Authority - Thames Region number 74449 as a Non Hire Annual Private Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Thursday 23rd May 2013 )

8 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Saw this on the Boat Listing...

Jane Anne Built by Eastwick Norfolk in 1977 - Length : 7.9 metres ( 25 feet 11 inches ) - Beam : 3.2 metres ( 10 feet 6 inches )
Powered by an Inboard Diesel engine with a capacity of 1500 CC. Registered with Environment Authority - Thames Region number 74449 as a Non Hire Annual Private Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Thursday 23rd May 2013 )

thanks for that, thats interesting as it states 1500cc engine and the forsale listing says 1800 also so quite a few discrepancies

wrong boat wrong size wrong engine

I have an Easticks of Acle, falcon 26, same as your pictures. It is a different boat from the hampton. Its bigger with some advantages. I paid less than the hamptons, which are very popular and generally sell for more. Its a bmc 1.5 diesel and v drive gearbox. I bought mine without survey last year. Price will always depend on condition and time of year. Happy to discuss off-line if you share your contact details.