Well Done Lewis

Chelsea14Ian

I've seen a lot of negative comment on Facebook this week about Hamilton, how it's the car that's won him his world titles and how he doesn't compare to the "greats" of Forumla 1. What utter tosh. Hamilton is one of the finest the sport has seen and IMHO Jolyon Palmer has it about right in his BBC column, you could have swapped him and Vettel's cars this year and Hamilton would still have won in a Ferrari. 

It's very difficult to predict what will happen from one season to the next, but whatever the developments and whichever car seems to hold the advantage Hamilton still has to be the big favourite for number 6.

• Like 4

I'll not deny his driving talent at all. His achievements speak for themselves. I just wish the fella was not such a tw*t. His attitude generally, some of the comments to his mechanics during the races, tries to send blame for any of his mistakes to things they should have told him or things they have done wrong! "Don't I look great on my scooter down the grid with three tons of gold around my neck". If you think so . . . . . . . . . .

• Like 1

He only won the championship because Ferrari goofed by changing the floor pan after the summer break...  making them slower...  after watching his performance of Sunday’s race... I was very disappointed in Hamiltons lame racing by not challenging.... he took the easy way to win the title...  

Hopefully next season the teams should all step up a gear and few more different drivers Will be on the winning Podium....  especially Max Verstappen 

Sorry disagree,Lewis always gets the best out of the car for sure Ferrari was a very good car yet they made mistakes.Lewis does not get the credit he deserves .I believe if he was involved in other sports he would get more praise.He is head and shoulders clear a world champion let's cheer him on, a British great.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Sorry disagree,Lewis always gets the best out of the car for sure Ferrari was a very good car yet they made mistakes.Lewis does not get the credit he deserves .I believe if he was involved in other sports he would get more praise.He is head and shoulders clear a world champion let's cheer him on, a British great.

Sorry I disagree of him being a British great.... if he wants the full backing of the British public and wants to be knighted and all that malarkey..... I suggest he moves from Tax free Monaco back Britain and pays his full taxes like the rest of us... It’s not like he can not afford it...  As he says the British are Amazing.. well he should put his money where is mouth is... 

All these over paid sports stars are the same...  

• Like 3

He is a great driver, he knows he owes his family and team and says so. All good, so far, however, the private jet tax loophole reported last year, is unworthy if he wants to be respected as a British sports leader. I am cool with him having homes anywhere he likes, but think the primary home for tax purposes should be the UK.

It has nothing to do with how great ones personal wealth is, Nobody likes to pay more tax than they need to. Tax avoidance (the legal one) is something we all try to achieve. Some move to the Channel Isles/Isle of Man, others go further afield. In reality their contribution makes little difference, it is the principle that gets debated.

So, was it the car not the driver? Should he live in the UK and pay unreasonably high tax rates? Plus of course any other reasons for character assassinations we can come up with, lets face it, We can't have a British hero with out belittling him/her beyond recognition can we! It's what we do.

Thinks... Perhaps we could have him made CEO of the BA, then we could really go to town on him.

• Like 4

MM. The top 5% of earners contribute 26% or so of tax revenue, we can't afford too many non Dom earners. 

For the record, I think Lewis Hamilton deserves his 5 th Championship win.i also think that he conducts himself well as a driver and is a pretty good role model.

• Like 1