3 Rescued From Water!

Ray

On 30/10/2018 at 08:28, Ray said:

The EDP are reporting that three people were rescued from the water at Horning late last night. Another reason for a big thank you to all the rescue services.

Wishing those involved a speedy recovery from their emergency.

Unfortunately, as usual, the EDP’s reporting leaves a lot to be desired... 

• Like 1

One aspect of these rescues has constantly amazed me and that is simply the speed in which the emergency services arrive on scene.
When you consider the maze of narrow country lanes that exist in Norfolk and Suffolk and access to the rivers is limited in many cases, especially if you are trailing a rib or driving a large fire engine.
Add to the mix a large number of holiday makers do not know where they are, where they have been or indeed where they are going!
Yet, time and time again, seemingly against all the odds, when many people might just give up and say they cannot possibly get there in time, they  do.
I think that is truly remarkable and would seem to demonstrate to me that a lot of training, co-operation and resources have been put in place, behind the scenes, for which we must all be truly grateful.
Andrew

• Like 10