NBN Spring Gathering

Polly

1 hour ago, Bliss said:

Hi 

New member, boat name Bliss out of Potters Heigham anyone give me an idea what the meet involves hoping to be available would like to make some new waterborne friends 

Regards 

There are some comments and PHOTOS OF 2018’s on this thread

the meets are a general get together, to meet up, chat, have a few drinks together (or coffees), maybe a quiz with teams, and all sorts of general fun, I believe this year we are at Ranworth one evening, then a cruise in company to Salhouse, and a couple of nights there. I have arranged this year to have the boat for a week so will have a few days cruising around before hand.

Yes that's right Grendel, Ranworth Island Friday, Cruise in Company Saturday Morning, Salhouse for the rest of Saturday with stuff going on, depart Sunday as desired.

Come for some of it or all of it as you wish. It's a great way to meet other boaters.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pauline, 

17th is our youngests last exam for his IB. So I really don’t think we can make it this year as he and Fiona and the doggies will be in jolly Switzerland. However if I have a job by then ( 2 final shortlisted interviews in next ten days) I will be in blighty and may be able to come, either that or helping pack up the house. I escaped packing the house in Belgium by being in Switzerland. Not sure I can swing it twice without singing Soprano. I will let you know.

• Sad 1

Good luck with the interviews and also for your son’s IB (that took a bit of thinking about as I’m still in GCSE mode. Mind you I’m way out of date and still (doh!) tend to think in terms of ‘O’ levels and CSEs. Showing my age!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Taking ownership of a Leisure 20 small yacht next week and have a permanent mooring on Ranworth Island so this seems too good to pass up.

Dates: Friday and Saturday definitely

Boat name: Cervinia

Souls: one maybe two

Special needs: none

havent been on the Broads since about 1990 so very much looking forward to exploring by motor and sail over the coming months and years, starting with picking her up from Stalham next week and motoring down to Ranworth. Very exciting.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/10/2018 at 09:03, Polly said:

Ok guys, here it it! Please sign up here for the Spring Event. May 17th 18th 19th  2019

We are starting at Ranworth Island on Friday Evening, moving all together in a Cruise in Company(CinC) on the Saturday morning to Salhouse Broad for mooring together for the rest of the time, barbecues music and fun.  

Please sign up on this thread. I am posting a parallel thread for queries and observations and request that any non booking posts go there.

Your Name.                       Boat Name .              Number Aboard.      Special Needs

Only a few weeks to go! All welcome! 

• Like 1

• Polly changed the title to NBN Spring Gathering
  • Polly featured this topic