The View From Work This Morning

Chelsea14Ian

I wasn't at work today so haven't been able to take the view from my window, as I've managed to get an arrangement where I do a fortnight's full-time work hours fitted within 9 days, so I get every other Friday off. (Yippee!)

I digress...anyway, my office window overlooks the Open Uni's football pitch, and beyond that the River Ouse and beyond that trees (though there's a Milton Keynes grid road beyond the trees).

Ahh - greenery...

On 09/11/2018 at 12:55, Jayfire said:

I phoned my old boss once and said

"I can't come in to work today as I have a wee cough".

He said, "You have a wee cough"?

I said "Really? Cheers boss, see you next week".

:default_biggrin: If only that would work, sat here in pain now today with a bad back, just splendid, at least his cough has stopped.

9 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

:default_biggrin: If only that would work, sat here in pain now today with a bad back, just splendid, at least his cough has stopped.

Maybe if you just climbed onto your desk and asked for a massage?

You do know that you are getting old when your back goes out more than you do though don't you.

Which leads me to think about why I actually work, well for me I work so I can afford to buy enough booze to be able to tolerate going to work.

If you are sat with a coffee maybe putting a gallon of whisky in it will help.

You'll have to excuse my nonsense, I've just come off nights, usually I ramble much much worse :default_wink:

Ask for a massage????? ewwww no thinks I'd rather stay in pain, which reminds me it's medication time.

Eh I'm not that old just yet hahaha and it sounds like you work for the exact same reason I do :default_drinks:

Beautiful blue sky out if a little chilly and I'm either stuck at my desk or yesterday it was house bound on the sofa binge watching box set tv series.

Best thing about the view from my office window today is my gorgeous little brum :17_heart_eyes:

I have a better chance of plaiting fog than being granted that Gren, we do get private medical that I could self refer for some physio but it'll be gone in a couple of days. Just adds insult to injury having to sit here in pain looking at his miserable face all day hahaha.

2 hours ago, hazelgirl said:

Ask for a massage????? ewwww no thinks I'd rather stay in pain, which reminds me it's medication time.

Eh I'm not that old just yet hahaha and it sounds like you work for the exact same reason I do :default_drinks:

Beautiful blue sky out if a little chilly and I'm either stuck at my desk or yesterday it was house bound on the sofa binge watching box set tv series.

Best thing about the view from my office window today is my gorgeous little brum :17_heart_eyes:

Ahh so the gaffer isn't a bit of a looked then :default_wink:

So you are one of us young guns too eh. Nice to see our group increasing in size :default_biggrin:

Yeah I'm doing the house bound on the settee right now, laying back, relaxing and recovering after nights. Sorry I hope that's not rubbing it in whilst you work away in pain.

Which reminds me, I'll be in some pain too if a certain someone catches me talking instead of getting some sleep :default_hiding:

Yeah, about your "brum", if your car is like the one in your profile pic you really might want to take it in to the garage and get it looked at :default_smiley-angelic002:

19 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

Just adds insult to injury having to sit here in pain looking at his miserable face all day hahaha.

I thought you was looking at your damaged car? :default_ohmy:

Hell no lol

Well I'm not going to say my exact age but I can no longer participate in an 18 - 30's holiday but I haven't yet reached the big 4 0 

Yeah rub it in why don't you :default_biggrin:  however I will be chilling at home tonight while you my friend are back at work haha

Yes that is my brum as my profile pic before it was done up lol I had a bespoke caricature drawn of it to make it look funky like a cartoon, that's the before, I now need an after one :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

The window is behind me and I have to stand up to see out of it but my car is just there and it's not damaged lol

51 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

I have a better chance of plaiting fog than being granted that Gren,

we thought that too, but we can be pretty persuasive, and now we have a regular crowd attending, mostly from the design department, but it includes both of our department heads who use it as time to de-stress, the good news is it has both reduced the stress levels of the department, and dropped the sickness levels, and bad backs. we managed to get it because our head office had it, and another of our offices in leicester saw that it worked well for us and followed suit.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

Well I'm not going to say my exact age but I can no longer participate in an 18 - 30's holiday but I haven't yet reached the big 4 0 

You're 35 :default_smiley-angelic002:

Yeah rub it in why don't you :default_biggrin:  however I will be chilling at home tonight while you my friend are back at work haha

Nope sorry, I have finished work now until I'm back on Friday, so I'll continue to rub it in :default_biggrin:

That's the relaxing I'm rubbing in, not massage oil :default_smiley-angelic002:

Yes that is my brum as my profile pic before it was done up lol I had a bespoke caricature drawn of it to make it look funky like a cartoon, that's the before, I now need an after one :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

So you now have suitable and untwisted wheels on? :default_biggrin:

The window is behind me and I have to stand up to see out of it but my car is just there and it's not damaged lol

I'd just drag the desk round and face the window so you can look at your bent damaged car, with the added bonus of no visible ugly boss :default_biggrin:

Erm no comment to the first bit haha

But you'll be in work when I'll be enjoying a nice tipple or 3 on Friday night :default_drinks:

Same wheels just refurbished and a different colour, I would post a pic of the view like the thread was supposed to be for lol but the pics are on my phone and I'm on the computer and I'm rubbish with complex tech stuff, tried to email them to myself and that didn't work.

57 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

Erm no comment to the first bit haha

No you don't have to. 

You're 35

But you'll be in work when I'll be enjoying a nice tipple or 3 on Friday night :default_drinks:

Hmm, so you're out on Friday night eh, didn't quite think that one through did I? :default_rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

Awwww see I've done it, my view ?

20181112_144946.jpg

You've done what? Stood up or took my advice and turned your desk round?

Have you backed into that tree? Women drivers :facepalm:

57 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

I would post a pic of the view like the thread was supposed to be for lol but the pics are on my phone and I'm on the computer and I'm rubbish with complex tech stuff, tried to email them to myself and that didn't work.

So its not just driving you struggle with?

Do you class transferring pictures from your phone to a website or emailing them to yourself as complex tech stuff? :default_biggrin:

I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here but you aren't sat at a desk in an IT advisement or assistance role are you?

How do you even know that unless you know me from another forum that kind of gives it away hahaha.

Yep off out Friday night, got to let the hair down, been a tense couple of weeks at work.

Stood up and looked out the window, I'm not allowed to turn my desk round :default_sad:

And noooooo I have not backed into the tree, although with my window tints I can't see much out the back.

Ok ok so I'm not the most technically minded gal, I had to go onto NBN on my phone to do it, the email kept failing and not a clue how to get pics from my phone to my computer without plugging it in, which I'm not allowed to be because my phone can't really be on my desk tut.

And finally NO Mr Jayfire I'm not lol I work in accounts :default_dunce: which is why I love Fridays :default_drink_2::default_drinks::default_beerchug::412_champagne:

15 minutes ago, hazelgirl said:

How do you even know that unless you know me from another forum that kind of gives it away hahaha.

Ooh I dunno, maybe I do know you from elsewhere...... :default_rofl:

Yep off out Friday night, got to let the hair down, been a tense couple of weeks at work.

Well enjoy yourself, don't forget about us lot busy working whilst you are letting your hair down :default_rolleyes:

Stood up and looked out the window, I'm not allowed to turn my desk round :default_sad:

Not allowed :default_biggrin:

Where do you work a prison? :default_rofl:

And noooooo I have not backed into the tree, although with my window tints I can't see much out the back.

As a fellow road user that is soooooooo reassuring to hear :default_biggrin:

Ok ok so I'm not the most technically minded gal, I had to go onto NBN on my phone to do it, the email kept failing and not a clue how to get pics from my phone to my computer without plugging it in, which I'm not allowed to be because my phone can't really be on my desk tut.

Not allowed again, you do work in a prison don't you :default_rofl:

And finally NO Mr Jayfire I'm not lol I work in accounts :default_dunce: which is why I love Fridays :default_drink_2::default_drinks::default_beerchug::412_champagne:

Accounts you say.. oh that  sounds... So... :default_yawn:

:default_biggrin:

Nope, not a prison just a very old fashioned boss :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Who doesn't give massages right? :default_rolleyes:

And yeah accounts lol :default_badday:

No, no please do go on, tell me more of what you do........:default_yawn:

:default_biggrin:

I guess it pays for my car modifications, beer tokens and our afloat holidays so there is a positive, just :default_biggrin:

That's what it's all about. Beer and floating on the water.

You can keep your car mods though, especially when that vehicle damage on your wheels and suspension still needs sorting out.

Oh and that tree that's wedged into the tailgate :default_smile:

14 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Jay, behave! Or are you just testing out how much flirting you can get away with?

:default_gbxhmm:

and

:default_coat:

Flirting Helen? I thought I was just being my usual sarcastic self. :default_ohmy:

There is only one girl for me, and I reckon everyone already knows who that one is :default_biggrin:

Oh and on a completely different subject, I'll have you know that I have already had my bottom slapped, and a stern word in my ear.

Not that anyone tells me what to do of course :default_hiding:

Well another happy day at the fun factory :1311_thumbsup_tone2:, this one is going to be interesting with a rather grim weather view out of the window. It's a lovely view in Summer, our company actually employs a gardener to keep the car park and flower beds tidy even though we are in the middle of an industrial estate. We are in a fairly rural area and I used to be able to see hills until the company opposite built an extension onto their offices, how inconsiderate :default_sad:

My view from "work" yesterday morning. Slow drive around the estate with the roof down, still some autumn colour to the trees glowing a bright gold in the sunshine. Stopped at the Garden Centre for lunch and to feed Bartticus Segunda. Then home to remove the mud splashes from the motor and a quick polish. 

Sadly not quite so nice a day today. Jetting the drains! I'll spare you the pictures. 

20181113_121244.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Paul said:

My view from "work" yesterday morning. Slow drive around the estate with the roof down, still some autumn colour to the trees glowing a bright gold in the sunshine. Stopped at the Garden Centre for lunch and to feed Bartticus Segunda. Then home to remove the mud splashes from the motor and a quick polish. 

Sadly not quite so nice a day today. Jetting the drains! I'll spare you the pictures. 

20181113_121244.jpg

Oh wow how lucky are you :281_deciduous_tree: looks splendid :1311_thumbsup_tone2: