Jp's Broads Briefing

JennyMorgan

Yes, this seems like blatant double-standards to me. In their proposed 'Unreasonable Complainant Policy', one of the actions under the heading of "unreasonable complainant behaviour" is "Photographing or filming the Authority’s staff without their permission..."

It's a case of don't do as I do, do as I tell you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Yes, this seems like blatant double-standards to me. In their proposed 'Unreasonable Complainant Policy', one of the actions under the heading of "unreasonable complainant behaviour" is "Photographing or filming the Authority’s staff without their permission..."

It's a case of don't do as I do, do as I tell you.

This would appear to be completely at odds with Press freedoms for one thing, even Mrs May is above & beyond the protection that JP is demanding.

As far as I can ascertain this is the law as it stands

It is an offence under the Counter-Terrorism Act 2008 to publish or communicate a photograph of a constable (not including PCSOs), a member of the armed forces, or a member of the security services

If you intend to sell your photography it’s important to know the difference between editorial and commercial usage. Editorial use means that a picture can be used to illustrate an article, story or educational text, but not to sell a product or promote something. Commercial use means that a picture can be used to sell a product, promote something, or raise money for a cause.

Stand on public property

If you and your subject are standing on public property, generally you do not need permission to take a picture of them – but there are a few exceptions. If your subject is engaged in a personal or private activity (such as leaving a hospital) you need to respect their privacy. If you plan on selling your work, these ‘people’ shots can only be used for editorial purposes

Nothing in law that prohibits the posting on Social Media, any photographic media of a Broads Ranger.

1 hour ago, FairTmiddlin said:

As far as I can ascertain this is the law as it stands

It is an offence under the Counter-Terrorism Act 2008 to publish or communicate a photograph of a constable (not including PCSOs), a member of the armed forces, or a member of the security services

Only if that photograph is "likely to be  useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism."