Playstation 2

Stranger

Great memories of playing Hogs of War, it was sooooo funny, but as suggested, I'm not sure it was released on PS2, I may be wrong though, I was generally in a really bad way back then.

2 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

was? :default_biggrin:

Ok, ok, I'm still in a bad way, just for very different reasons :default_biggrin:

looks like all PS1 on ebay.

Trying to cast my mind back I'm sure it was on PS1, but I may well be wrong (have I mentioned that already?) :default_biggrin:

Its not like that exploding kittens is it JF? :default_norty:

You can't beat an exploding.....kitten in your hand Mr Nog, if you know how to diffuse it of course.

Have you had a play with Mrs Nog yet? Do you like it?

I'm still up for taking her on if she is struggling to find someone who poses a challenge.

Grace gets very frustrated at how much of a challenge I can be :default_smiley-angelic002:

4 minutes ago, grendel said:

the gamer of the family tells me it is a pS1 game that may work on a PS2 (but also may not)

Now you've said it, I seem to think you may be correct G, I think the PS2 was backwards compatible but it depended on the model.

4 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

What’s with the new avatar Jay?  

I see Mr Nog is also getting a makeover.

Trying to confuse us?

:default_coat:

I'm sorry i haven't used a tolkein pic this time, but I do get easily bored Helen, and let's face it no one wants to see my ugly mug :default_biggrin:

I think Mr Nog has been displaying his "Broadband Sunrise" for a while though, despite how ever many people ask him to put the ruddy thing away :default_smiley-angelic002:

13 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I might revert to the Nog one so I match up with Mrs N.

Mind you Christmas cometh soon..........:default_norty:

You do your own thing Mr Nog, don't bow down to the weaker half in any way that doesn't benefit you :default_wink:

Did you say Christmas?????

:default_xmas2::default_xmas3::default_xmas4::default_xmas5::default_xmas6::default_xmas5::default_xmas4::default_xmas3::default_xmas2:

:594c04f570582_default_happyparty:

20 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Weaker half!!!!!

Hmph!

I'm sorry Helen, you know I would never intend any offense to you lovely ladies.

I only meant weaker half in terms of how the female half of a relationship is inferior in every way to the male half :default_smiley-angelic002:

Jayfire - NBN equality champion :default_trophy:

:default_biggrin:

Ooooh...Grace, where are you?

She's in bed Helen, snoring away beautifully. To me it's like the bird's morning chorus  :default_smiley-angelic002:

Honest :default_rolleyes:

Jay, if I didn’t know you were such a tease., you’d be in sooo much trouble (yes...that word!).

But Helen....me???? Why I've never...a tease you say???? 

I'd be in trouble? Like a slap? Oh silly me you don't slap do you, a spank is it?

And after it was you trying to cause all the trouble for me :default_smiley-angelic002:

I only meant weaker half in terms of how the female half of a relationship is inferior in every way to the male half 

Jayfire - NBN equality champion 

A bit a preying mantis? And I don't think that it's the only female of the species that eats the male counterpart after sex......:default_norty:

Hi Helen xx

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Delilah said:

A bit a preying mantis? And I don't think that it's the only female of the species that eats the male counterpart after sex......:default_norty:

A number of species of spider too I believe, but seeing as Mr Nog is still here I'm assuming you aren't one of the cannibal species Mrs Nog :default_smiley-angelic002:

7 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Weaker half!!!!!

Hmph!

Ooooh...Grace, where are you?

Jay, if I didn’t know you were such a tease., you’d be in sooo much trouble (yes...that word!).

Don't worry Helen, Jay will suffer for this :default_norty: Any man who thinks we're the weaker sex, just try pulling the duvet over your side of the bed :default_biggrin:

What a naughty bunch you are but the best all the same and I don't ruddy snore

Sorry for the hijack Dave

Grace

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Don't worry Helen, Jay will suffer for this :default_norty:

:default_party0042::default_party0010::default_party0042:

I don't ruddy snore

How would you know?

26 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Any man who thinks we're the weaker sex, just try pulling the duvet over your side of the bed :default_biggrin:

Seeing as I'm always hot that's not a problem, but if I did want the duvet I'd just take the ruddy duvet. And if it meant you got rolled out of bed and ended up on the floor maybe you'd have learnt a valuable lesson :default_hiding:

23 hours ago, grendel said:

the gamer of the family tells me it is a pS1 game that may work on a PS2 (but also may not)

Mostly, but yeah the later hardware revisions had some issues. They even had issues with some PS2 games.

Doesn't look like that particular game is one of the problem ones... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_games_incompatible_with_PlayStation_2

i have played this game before on a PS2  but the disk is worn out and will not load  teeth marks from the dog diddnt help lol i have located one  in Rotherham just 6 miles away at £19.99 it has a price sticker original that is of £9.99 i shall try and get there Saturday morning and see if its ok BTW      98% of PS1 games will play on PS2

Hogs of War was PS1, though early PS2's are backwards compatible to all games. Some Later PS2, especially PS2 slims have limited compatibility. 

I believe it is also available (or was) on the Steam platform for PC which might be an option?

Hogs of War II was planned for PS2 but Infogrammes went bust before it was released. Atari aquired all their software rights but canned HOW II before it ever released. For the same reason it never (to the best of my knowledge) reach the PS2 online store.

• grendel changed the title to Playstation 2