Edwina The Pike She Say . . . . . . . . . . . .

JennyMorgan

8 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Surely the large glass towers that is Yare house doesn't need a solicitor? I thought all the Commandments came from on high, that they were the epitome of law in the land.

Like the non photographing of Rangers in public places

I think Pacman has been at the pills and ghosts again

I thought all the Commandments came from on high.

If I understand correctly that was part of the problem! 

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

More avoidable old squit from Edwina! Please don't feel forced to read it if you don't want to but just remember, there's no smoke without fire!

I quite agree! I noticed the very same thing when I read the report. More political manoeuvres.

I must say that the BA boundary could be tweaked a bit, for planning purposes, but not just for purposes of self aggrandisement.

• Like 2

There is a 100% astute comment following the North Norfolk News article, I'm posting it here:

Thirtle's response is risible.
The points raised will have been discussed and dismissed by Thirtle's cabal at the CEO's direction.
The 21 member model is outdated not because it has too many members but because it is wholly undemocratic: Paul Rice is correct, it is democracy in reverse with, steroids.
"...financially efficient, dynamic..." - is he kidding? The BA is inefficient and guilty of misappropriation of toll payer funds.
"...members should be selected for their knowledge, skills and passion..." - that would be a first, state appointees are hopelessly unskilled and ignorant of Broads lore or even the Broads at all. 
"...protecting and enhancing a nationally important wetland whilst maintaining (not protecting) navigation..." - spot the mission creep: the navigation is not to be enhanced but the wetland (read conservation interests) is to be protected AND enhanced.
"The process by which secretary of state members are recruited is a rigorous way of achieving this." - this is so far from the truth it deserves no further comment other than that it is drivel not least because these members are chosen by the chairman and CEO thus protecting their misgovernance and maladministration.

• Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't there, but I do know an individual who was. As I have written before, in the context of that pesky pike, no smoke without fire and, so I'm reliably told, once again absolutely right, if you can make head or tail of it!. 

http://www.broadsnationalpike.com/2019/01/back-to-school-for-planners-fisticuffs.html?fbclid=IwAR1trQruBK0q8BIzLQpfhzNq8MuR7VyybRqe04F28oEqdmqWVK0,MI5wXiYU

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Which bit is based on truth?

Sailing vessels aren't subject to the Speed Limit Byelaws, and when I recently applied for a copy of a recording of a committee meeting, the request was dealt with by the Governance Assistant.

It makes one wonder just how much of this so-called satire can be relied on to reflect actual events.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Sailing vessels aren't subject to the Speed Limit Byelaws, and when I recently applied for a copy of a recording of a committee meeting, the request was dealt with by the Governance Assistant.

There is no mention within this latest blog of the speed limit byelaws. As far as the supply of recordings is concerned it was a satirical comment based on the wording of a policy that, like many BA policies, is open to interpretation. There can be no question as to the veracity of the main gist of the blog, that there is an ongoing, repugnant cull of committee members.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh Pally, You more than most should know that "Based on a true story" means that someone somewhere had a vaguely similar situation at some time. 

There was a news story this morning (yes I know this is a bit of a tangent) about Natural England. It would seem and is alleged by those who are in the know, that the New Forrest is being over grazed by cattle and horses. This needs to stop and numbers of animals allowed to graze needs to be limited. Natural England say that although this damage is recognised, it must continue.

If I have the above story correct, it seems to be another example of a Civil Service department with authority over an area, having no idea on how that area should be run.  Does that have a ring to it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

There is no mention within this latest blog of the speed limit byelaws. As far as the supply of recordings is concerned it was a satirical comment based on the wording of a policy that, like many BA policies, is open to interpretation. There can be no question as to the veracity of the main gist of the blog, that there is an ongoing, repugnant cull of committee members.

From the Blog: "The Blessed Spokesperson went on to claim that rangers couldn’t identify a speeding sailing boat from behind. "The speed of our ranger boats is no match for a heritage yacht. It would disappear into the distance and we’d have no way of identifying it other than the name on the transom, the gigantic number on the sail, and the fact that the rangers know all the boats anyway” she said." That gives the impression that the ranger would want to deal with the sailing boat in respect of its speed.

The reference to the supply of recordings is totally inaccurate, as far as the real world is concerned.

I am all too willing to believe the worst of the BA, but if even I can see the statements in the blog that simply beggar belief, it throws the whole blog into question...in my mind, if not in yours.

If Brian Wilkins is no longer on the Navigation Committee, perhaps now the NSBA can get its act together and begin to challege the BA a bit more. It had crossed my mind that the current lack of activity from them may have been due to its close ties with the BA, to the extent that it was something of a toss-up whether or not I renewed my membership this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Speeding as in going fast, rather than breaking a non existent speed-limit, at least that's how I read it. Re the NSBA, exactly, agree 100%. Personally I always had reservations regarding Brian but then I suppose he didn't want to upset too many apple carts and really ended up not really pleasing anyone, at least that's my take on him as a member. 

20 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Speeding as in going fast, rather than breaking a non existent speed-limit, at least that's how I read it. Re the NSBA, exactly, agree 100%. Personally I always had reservations regarding Brian but then I suppose he didn't want to upset too many apple carts and really ended up not really pleasing anyone, at least that's my take on him as a member. 

Good try, but the word 'speeding' is general taken as excessive speed in relation to a speed limit. https://www.norfolk.police.uk/advice/roads-and-vehicles/speeding

That we are even having this discussion points to the failure of the blog to convince.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Good try, but the word 'speeding' is general taken as excessive speed in relation to a speed limit. https://www.norfolk.police.uk/advice/roads-and-vehicles/speeding

That we are even having this discussion points to the failure of the blog to convince.

Your background is very different to mine because speeding, in my world, does not necessarily relate to a speed limit. 

Equally, whilst I take some points within the blog as pretty convincing there are others. e.g. the reference to a timescale when applying for a recording that I take pretty much in the manner in which I suspect it was written and intended.

Once again, there is no smoke without fire.

21 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Your background is very different to mine because speeding, in my world, does not necessarily relate to a speed limit. 

Equally, whilst I take some points within the blog as pretty convincing there are others. e.g. the reference to a timescale when applying for a recording that I take pretty much in the manner in which I suspect it was written and intended.

Once again, there is no smoke without fire.

My background has nothing to do with it. If a friend of yours told you he'd been caught speeding, what would you think? 'Speeding' is in everyday usage to mean exceeding a speed limit https://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/news/three-people-arrested-and-41-drivers-caught-speeding-following-police-operation-in-great-yarmouth-1-5865317

I haven't seen any flames licking around JP's legs yet. It's simply too glib a remark, without any substance. I might retort that it's all just smoke and mirrors. I would much prefer to see an accurate account of what has happened. The blogs are increasingly seeming like sour grapes. Despite all the thinly disguised allegations, no-one has proved any actionable wrong-doing. An opportunity that did present itself has been allowed to pass by.

• Like 2

On 28/11/2018 at 10:22, marshman said:

. If it REALLY was on a matter of principle, I think the "news" would have broken in a more appropriate manner, 

You seem to forget Marshman that Authority, elected or unelected, will never announce their own faults, downfalls, or wrong doings, political suicide is an expression that comes to mind.

When was the last time you heard of any authority saying "we were wrong", or "we did something we should`nt have", or "we massaged someones departure because he or she had a difference of opinion with the authority`s head"?.

I`m not going to get into the debate whether it`s true or not, we`ll never know because the BA will never say so, be it in a pike blog or their own media department.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't mean officially - the Broads is a very small area and there are lots of other individuals who are pretty close to some who might have known of these  "principles"

Seems to be a lot of wishful and fanciful thinking being aired - again!!!  AKA probable squit!!

And if you haven't got a stern? 

AY7Q5172.jpg

I see the river inspectors now know who they are,  either that or the support a Glasgow football team..  The launches  now have the word Ranger in two foot high letters emblazoned on the side.