Edwina The Pike She Say . . . . . . . . . . . .

JennyMorgan

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

And if you haven't got a stern? 

AY7Q5172.jpg

I see the river inspectors now know who they are,  either that or the support a Glasgow football team..  The launches  now have the word Ranger in two foot high letters emblazoned on the side. 

That's a rather clever fend-off. No good for dangling over the stem-head though. Blowed if I can see how a name could be painted on a cut-away transom like the above! 

37 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

JP needs to get some longer craft for his troops, then he could sign write

"National Park Rangers"   :default_gbxhmm:

He's managed to squeeze the BNP lie onto quite a short vehicle so I don't suppose 'national park rangers' would be anything of a problem. I believe that he's even got it onto the BA's Smart Car!

images.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, vanessan said:

‘and using the wrong side of the scale rule’ made me chuckle. Good article, could make for some squirmy rear ends!

that made me outright laugh, the number of architects plans that I work with that somehow when at the correct scale dont fit into the ordnance survey map (also at the correct scale) when the two are overlaid, and you think to yourself someone is going to have fun building that, I mean its not rocket science, you buy the digital map from the OS and its at the correct scale, so how can you get it wrong?

3 minutes ago, petersjoy said:

Perhaps he's building his Retirement cottage. :default_norty:

perhaps he is preparing his retirement career- curator of the acle wonder.

46 minutes ago, grendel said:

that made me outright laugh, the number of architects plans that I work with that somehow when at the correct scale dont fit into the ordnance survey map (also at the correct scale) when the two are overlaid, and you think to yourself someone is going to have fun building that, I mean its not rocket science, you buy the digital map from the OS and its at the correct scale, so how can you get it wrong?

The words quart and pint pot come to mind

I am sure the BA would never give planning permission for such a structure - after all it cant possibly be pretty enough and I doubt you would get it through even under the auspices of a traditional eelmans hut, even though that is probably more what they looked like than anything else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Islander said:

At least, Paul, that would be inside budget

Are you sure. I'm sure the BA could make that cost half a million by the time all of the studies and consultations and such like have been completed, and ignored.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1