Boat Archive

eddybear

http://norfolk.broads.org.uk I have often used this site when researching the history of various boats I have been interested in including my present boat, unfortunately, the site no longer seems to work which is a pity as it Contains so much information on so many boats which can be searched for by name/registration number etc

Does anybody on the forum know what has happened to it is there any other way to contact the owner of the site?

I believe the 'Broadland Memories' website had problems recently, regarding their server company (I think that's what they call it, I'm not very computer savvy) and said they might have to find a new server. Perhaps the 'Broads Boat Database' had the same server and is experiencing similar problems...

Howard is correct that the boat database and Broadland Memories are hosted by the same company - Heart Internet. They have been having some major server issues over the last few weeks which resulted in all of the sites they host being down for about 18 hours on one day and then intermittently up and down over the next week or so. They have consequently lost an awful lot of customers!

Craig hosts Broadland Memories for me under his re-seller package with them (which keeps my hosting costs down enormously!) and, like many customers, is not at all happy with the service they have been providing so it looks like we will be moving to a new web hosting company. I believe he is going to be migrating all of the various websites under his wing over the next few weeks.

I am also unable to access the boat database at the moment, and presume that he may be trying to move the site over to the new web host .... I don't know this for certain as I haven't spoken to him, but this is just a guess. The migration is supposed to be done without too much disruption, but there may be some access issues in the interim whilst it is all being sorted. I'm sure it will be up and running again as soon as possible - hopefully he'll have it all sussed by the time Broadland Memories is moved! :default_unsure:

Carol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

When I try and log into 'the other place' I get a message "the domain name has expired".

It could be just a blip or the Hamster has run out of beer chits.  If it has run out of beer chits, that comes as no surprise, their active membership has been on a steady decline for an age.  They have more censors than active members.  The 'Proper' mods left / stopped posting ages ago now.

Hope this Helps,

Griff

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eddybear said:

http://norfolk.broads.org.uk I have often used this site when researching the history of various boats I have been interested in including my present boat, unfortunately, the site no longer seems to work which is a pity as it Contains so much information on so many boats which can be searched for by name/registration number etc

Does anybody on the forum know what has happened to it is there any other way to contact the owner of the site?

I'm glad you posted thought it was something wrong my end.