Not Really A Holiday

Cockatoo

The other day I got a phone call from BCBM. The quote from Brooms for the new fridge was outrageous, Richo's had quoted a much better price, and the boat needed to go to Richo's anyway for a gel coat repair. As I can take a hint the upshot is next Tuesday evening the Elf and I are setting off for Horning from Brundall.

The plan is to head for Berney Arms Tuesday evening and set out from there the next morning to pass GYYS at about 08.15. That's if the call of the Nelson at Reedham doesn't get us but this will mean an earlier start Wednesday morning although we will benefit from the ebb tide .

Watch this space :)

• Like 2

Its none of my business but cant Richardsons do a mobile gel repair?  I hope its a big enough job to justify the fuel! 

Is the fridge not an easy like for like swap hence it could be purchased from the cheapest retailer available and fit by a competent owner? Unless gas obviously.

Broom don't allow them to do the repair at the mooring, and Steve has kindly agreed to take Shadow up to Richo's for all the work to be done whilst someone else also takes a look at a few other "bits" we are looking to improve.

The cost of fuel is taken from the group funds, Steve won't be paying for that himself.

The fridge requires some adjustments to the woodwork which Richo's are doing included with the cost.

Hope that explains clearly but it is me talking :default_biggrin:

10 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Broom don't allow them to do the repair at the mooring, and Steve has kindly agreed to take Shadow up to Richo's for all the work to be done whilst someone else also takes a look at a few other "bits" we are looking to improve.

The cost of fuel is taken from the group funds, Steve won't be paying for that himself.

The fridge requires some adjustments to the woodwork which Richo's are doing included with the cost.

Hope that explains clearly but it is me talking :default_biggrin:

Hi Jay,

Sadly the Broom policy has been like that for many years, some of the other mooring location are more accommodating thankfully.

Regards

Alan

On 23/11/2018 at 08:29, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Jay,

Sadly the Broom policy has been like that for many years, some of the other mooring location are more accommodating thankfully.

Regards

Alan

For those of us still moored at Brooms, i don`t know whether you know or not, but Custom Craft have now gone. They were owned by Brooms, and were casualties of Brooms recent shake up, and ALL got made redundant.  As a result, it may well be worth enquiring to Brooms as to whether you can now have an outside trimming company attend your boat in their yard, as they have closed down the on site one?.

Spent a windy night at Acle bridge and left there about 7.15. I would love to meet the person that designed the windscreen wiper on MS and shake him warmly by the ......

throat. Still, I suppose that if it's completely out of your line of sight it won't distract you.

Other than that we are now we'll on time to transit GYYS at slack and looking forward to a snack at the Nelson.

I think these visitors were looking for a snack as well but they were out of luck this time

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Spent a windy night at Acle bridge and left there about 7.15. I would love to meet the person that designed the windscreen wiper on MS and shake him warmly by the ......

throat. Still, I suppose that if it's completely out of your line of sight it won't distract you.

Other than that we are now we'll on time to transit GYYS at slack and looking forward to a snack at the Nelson.

I think these visitors were looking for a snack as well but they were out of luck this time

Oops forgot the photoIMG_20181129_072223.jpg