Ferry Marina

andyg

Yep - the Cators. 

I think it is primarily Alby Cator , the same one who owns I believe, the Horning Marina on the other side to the Swan and also the Southgates yard - in the blue sheds in Horning High Street. My receipt from the Ferry till came out as Rotac Farms

This all went through about a fortnight ago but has been on the cards for several months. It includes the hire fleet, the facilities, the marina and possibly some of the houses. I don't think it it includes the big properties though.

I did hear a vague rumour that it also included Waveney River Centre too but I think that unlikely and have heard nothing further. Not sure what value was placed on the business but it would have been fairly substantial including as it did one of the more modern hire fleets and one which has grown from nothing to being one of the better fleets - see most reviews.

I understand the aim is to carry on as before but they always say that!

Len Funnell has yet again proved to be a very astute business person and I understand he has identified a new project to get involved in!  Its not for me to say but those with lug 'oles close to the ground probably know already!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

In the letter announcing the sale of the business it is signed 

Kind regards

Len & Hazel Funnel

James & Ruth knight

Craft Leisure 

(Formally Ferry Marina Ltd)

In the letter from the new Ferry Marina, they have announced that they have a new 8 Berth cruiser for next year and the riverside property Reedlings is being re introduced as a riverside holiday rental.