• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• calender payment

Calendar Paymene

Delivery Options
    Your NBN Forum Username:

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

andyg

Ferry Marina

Just received an email from ferry marina anouncing new ownership. Any idea who now owns the business ?

Yep - the Cators. 

I think it is primarily Alby Cator , the same one who owns I believe, the Horning Marina on the other side to the Swan and also the Southgates yard - in the blue sheds in Horning High Street. My receipt from the Ferry till came out as Rotac Farms

This all went through about a fortnight ago but has been on the cards for several months. It includes the hire fleet, the facilities, the marina and possibly some of the houses. I don't think it it includes the big properties though.

I did hear a vague rumour that it also included Waveney River Centre too but I think that unlikely and have heard nothing further. Not sure what value was placed on the business but it would have been fairly substantial including as it did one of the more modern hire fleets and one which has grown from nothing to being one of the better fleets - see most reviews.

I understand the aim is to carry on as before but they always say that!

Len Funnell has yet again proved to be a very astute business person and I understand he has identified a new project to get involved in!  Its not for me to say but those with lug 'oles close to the ground probably know already!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

A little bird told me this was going to happen last September. Will be interesting to see how things develop. 

Marshman is quite right although the sale only applies to the Ferry Marine site and the hire fleet, as far as I understand it they still have the WRC with a manager in place and all the riverside properties and those elsewhere.

Fred

In the letter announcing the sale of the business it is signed 

Kind regards

Len & Hazel Funnel

James & Ruth knight

Craft Leisure 

(Formally Ferry Marina Ltd)

In the letter from the new Ferry Marina, they have announced that they have a new 8 Berth cruiser for next year and the riverside property Reedlings is being re introduced as a riverside holiday rental. 

Thanks for the info guys, good to see the yard will keep going big fan of ferry marina.