Broads Toll 2019

Poppy

17 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Of those of you who have just received their toll demand I wonder how many of you noticed a refreshing lack of BNP propaganda in the accompanying Broads Squit, sorry, Broad Sheet? Less Squit than usual, maybe more Sheet though! Actually I thought it quite a positive read this year.

Oh yes. Definitely LOTS of 'sheet' . :default_norty:

• Like 1

“Get their rise this year”. Having worked in the private sector my whole life and latterly for an American concern, it has been drilled into my DNA that rises and bonuses are a discretionary thing, not a right. Same job as last year with no changes or improvements no matter how good you did your same as last year job,  a rise should not be guaranteed or assumed.  

I worked through the 80s when rises if you got one was only a small proportion of inflation at the time. So more with less what a home based mantra not a work based one. Lol 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Malanka said:

Having worked in the private sector my whole life and latterly for an American concern, it has been drilled into my DNA that rises and bonuses are a discretionary thing, not a right. Same job as last year with no changes or improvements no matter how good you did your same as last year job,  a rise should not be guaranteed or assumed. 

The last 20 years (rather 19 years & 10 months) of my working life was for the German branch of a large global IT company with headquarters in California.  Despite my role in Support Services being (a) global & (b) supposedly rather vital to hardware services delivery there was not a single pay rise in the last 8 years I was there.

After the "acquisition" in 2010 it was clear that the new service chiefs did not like having acknowledged experts in "old" Europe & replaced them with cheap fresh-out-of-college workers in Bucharest.  The final insult was that one month after I reached retirement age I would have been (and all my DE colleagues were) put on "garden leave".  UK colleagues followed a few months later.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m getting 60ft dug out canoe. Bit unstable though and a long walk to the loo!!!!

i always pay mine on my credit card just after this months statement is out (25th for me). That way I get an extra month to find the money. :default_eusa_dance:

The mooring fees are done the same way. 

The invoice was waiting in the online account so I don't know what happened to my email!

Anyway I paid it and got the email confirmation which is the main thing,  £394.11 but I can't really judge the increase as last year I had a slightly smaller boat.