Houseboat Sinks.

vanessan

That has been about for a while, I saw it underway once towed by a bathtub that was powered by a very ancient outboard. Not surprised it sank, the state of it.

Looks like the little bay between Stalham Dyke and Sutton Dyke/Broad. That used to be a favourite mud weight fore and aft of ours if we wanted an early start.

I suppose we should feel sorry for people that have lost their homes, how would we feel If our boat sunk, but we just use our boats for pleasure, not as a permanent home, But I suppose water Gypsies which is what they Our have rights and feelings to, just saying

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChrisB said:

Owner to salvage! I just got buzzed by a low flying pig. I wonder if it is tolled and insured? 

Or even had a boat safety certificate? My eldest daughter & I went to look at a houseboat on Oulton Broad which had been totally stripped out. Because of that we had a natter with a surveyor who it turned out had had a look at the houseboat for another prospective customer. Wow weeeee, the list of things that needed doing before he could issue a certificate was endless so we backed off as have all other possible buyers. That particular houseboat looked in darn sight better condition than that sunk one.

• Like 1

That's been there for a considerable time, having been up the Ant near Wayford, then lower down the same river before ending up at Sutton. Numerous BA 'Contravention notices' have been seen taped on it, no action ever appeared to be taken !

• Thanks 1

There is a suggestion elsewhere (note, just a suggestion) that liveaboard boats are being targeted, given the recent fire on a freeman and now this. Whilst I have but only a small amount of time for the "suggester", in this case it does have me wondering if it is the case, and if so, who might be the perpetrator.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 16:44, NorfolkNog said:

Oh indeed EB, someone will no doubt have to find somewhere to live not to mention lost possessions. Very fair comment. 

The small boat in Gramps photo was used to dump a load of stuff including an armchair into the bins at the staithe a few weeks ago and where is Pelican now.

Fred

2 hours ago, rightsaidfred said:

The small boat in Gramps photo was used to dump a load of stuff including an armchair into the bins at the staithe a few weeks ago and where is Pelican now.

Fred

Would that be classed as ‘boat waste’?!! Saw that small boat about 3 weeks ago towing the raft, it moored alongside the boat which has now sunk. Maybe they had an argument as to whose space it was.....................

2 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

The lady doth protest too much methinks.

Which lady would that be pray?