Hoseasons Brochure Is No More

Broads01

It was a Boxing Day tradition when I was wee boy.

my family, gran and grandad, uncle aunt and two cousins . After a big lunchtime meal the adults would pour over the boats , and quite often the chalets too. 

The grand  parents would often get a chalet , with extra rooms , and a selection of kids would stay with them , then kids would  swap places  during the holidays some leaving the boat to stay in chalet, some leaving the chalet to join the boat . And repeat . I remember the brochures being so well read and ended up in pieces , held together with tape!!

We had a large boat one year , I think it was broads venture iv , could be wrong , and the chalet was at potter. I think the boat was from Stalham . A big heavy woody , which had the main pilot ( my uncle) cursing as the wind dictated which way it went!!

Happy days indeed. 

• Like 1

On 02/12/2018 at 22:51, C.Ricko said:

Rickos have a 2019 version, to be fair, the majority of bookings are via the Net but we have a shed load of other info in the brochure and other literature  which when you consider the cost of the other publications we do it makes sense to combine them, hopefully our customers and the wider broads users find it useful 

The 2018 edition is the best General Broads guide I have excellent!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wonderwall said:

It was a Boxing Day tradition when I was wee boy.

Karen and i have a Boxing tradition which we do EVERY year since we`ve lived here. Bournemouth pier is always open and free to the public, and the restaurant at the end is also open, so we always have lunch on the pier. Sometimes it`s bright and sunny and warm (ish) and sometimes it`s wet and windy, but it`s always enjoyable, and the only time (as locals) we ever go on the pier.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...