It Is With Regret That I Have To Inform You Of Tan's Passing

Alan, just logged on after an absence of a few months. sooo sorry to hear this dreadful shocking news and my thoughts are with you, it happened to me 4 years ago almost to the day.

Tan will always be with you in spirit just remember that.  I recall when I joined this forum, you both were one of the first to welcome me, she will be sadly missed by all of us.

Trev.

Hi Alan,

I`m so so sorry to hear of your very sad loss, and sincerest apollogies for this being late, i`ve only just come across this thread.  Both Karen and i had the great privilage to meet you and Tan at Loddon and had quite a chat with you both on Ranworth Breeze, a meeting we greatly enjoyed. 

Words cannot convey how sorry we feel for you and your family. I hope one day we WILL meet up again so we can raise a glass together in Tans honour. 

With best wishes and deepest sympathies ................................ Neil and Karen.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Here's hoping the day runs smoothly and you soon become able to concentrate on happier memories.

Chin up and stay strong.

John.

So apt. 

Such a lovely poem.  I see that Tan was three months younger than me.  Just goes to show that life is cruel and we all must live the best we can enjoying everything and not being negative.

As John says.  Keep strong.

Much love.

Sue

• Thanks 1

Alan,  I will be thinking of you and your family tomorrow.

This is a poem I have used in a number of services previously,  I find the words comforting.

As the sun rises and as it sets..

We will remember her

At the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter. . .

At the opening of the buds and in the rebirth of spring. .

At the blueness of the skies and in the warmth of summer. . .

At the rustling of the leaves and in the beauty of autumn. . .

At the beginning of the year and when it ends. . .

We will remember her,

When we are weary and in need of strength. . .

When we are lost and sick at heart. . .

When we have joy and wish to share it. .

When we have decisions that are difficult to make. . .

When we have achievements that are based on hers. . .

We will remember her.

For as long as we live, she too will live. .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

As you know it is Tan's funeral tomorrow, please see the attached order of service.

Alan I wish you and all your family the best for tomorrow.

I've never met either of you but will still raise a glass to you both tomorrow.

I'm sure you will be in the thoughts of every member of the NBN

5 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Alan I wish you and all your family the best for tomorrow.

I've never met either of you but will still raise a glass to you both tomorrow.

I'm sure you will be in the thoughts of every member of the NBN

I think Jayfire has said all that can be said - my thoughts will be there tomorrow

• Thanks 1

As many of you will know yesterday was Tan's funeral. It was an uplifting service a celebration of Tan's life conducted by Andrew Platts, listening to him he helped many of the congregation with his rendition of Tan's early years, our courtship, birth of our sons, and the birth of our grandson. Our love of boating and Tan's involvement at the Community Centre both with FATS and the Pantomime.

It was so good to see Peter at the funeral, I wish we had more time to talk.

Over £700 was raised in donations in cheques and cash for Neurocare at the Royal Halmamshire Hospital, I know some of you were donating direct to the Hospital in Tan's name.

Regards
Alan
  • Like 1

I was only young when my father died but a few years back when I lost my mother, organising the funeral was down to me as I had no siblings there. I found it hard to face and I wondered why we put ourselves through this. But when I left the service and shook the hand of the minister, it was as if all of a sudden I understood and I felt a great deal of comfort.

I hope that the day and the people who surrounded you, helped you also, Alan, at such a difficult time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1