My Take On 2018,the Highs And Lows

Chelsea14Ian

At this time of year there are many reviews. Here's mine:

Sport,Football my team did not have the best of seasons,however we did win the FA cup beating Man Utd. Sadly Ray Wilkins passed away.A great footballer for club and country ,and what a great world cup.The young England team did the country pride.Just missing out in the end.Still a great run.Capt Cook ended his career for England getting a ton in his finnal match.He served his country well over the years.Lewis Hamilton got his forth. During the year I did the tours of Wembley and Wimbledon. 

Health:In March I had my Hernia operation. Not long after I had my first cold in Three years,because of my COPD.It did set me back and took me about three weeks to recover.In late September I landed up in hospital, they checked me over did a x-ray seems I had a chest infection.

Weather:After a farly mild start to the winter,we had the beast of the East.Then in May the sun came out,and boy it was hot,after the cold,some said it was to hot.Not me,it was great seemed to go on forever. 

Boating:Our first trip was Easter,which was cold,then May both Bank holidays,hot September mixed still very good.Our last trip end of October cold some rain and the water was high.

In recent weeks Sadly Tan passed away.Marina and I meet Alan and Tan last year.Infact they moored next to us at the Ferry house. We had dinner together in the evening.She was a lovely lady.I wish Alan and his family well for the future. 

The Forum:There have been some ups and downs.At times I felt I wanted to stop posting,but on reflection think the good thing about the forum most people mean well.We dont always agree,nor should we.Without question when others need support or help,members step up.

As this year draws to an end I wish one and all a very Happy Christmas and a great boating 2019.

Oh forgot to add well done Stacey and Kevin winning Strictly. 

A few pics.

Our Christmas tree grown in Kent,dressed by Marina.

20180902_065248.jpg

20180913_084608.jpg

20180905_145106.jpg

20181222_140151.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

What a great write up and reflection on 2018 in terms of what has happened in your own life and the things that are important to you Ian.

If I was to do the same then ... 

A long weekend in Edinburgh in April was followed by so many amazing weekends at our caravan as the hot summer continued until we closed it up in early November. In fact we part exchanged our little van for a newer slightly larger one in October so we're looking forward to the next spring and summer to make the most of that.

Our only time afloat was a day boat this year but we have a few days already booked in March. 

Work has been ever-changing and there's more restructuring ahead so I'm not done yet with trying to achieve the impossible. But my garden gave me hours of relaxation as well - I enjoyed coming home and watering the plants through the long hot evenings and pruning the roses that seemed to thrive and do better than ever.

In the meantime I count my blessings every day. Thinking of Grace and her family given how poorly her dad was. And Alan facing Christmas without Tan. I might not have met anyone in person yet but it does feel like a very supportive group that we have here so my thoughts are also with anyone who has lost someone close to them.

Here's a few photos to sum up my year.

P1020816.jpeg

P1030018.jpg

P1030063.jpeg

P1030122.jpeg

P1030412.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3