Waveney River Centre Hire Cruisers

Boatingman

45 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

It is a good spot and hopefully will help attract more people to the South. We don't want everyone getting in on the secret, but a bit more of the tourism cash going that way wouldn't hurt :default_norty::default_norty:

But you have moved up North ;) I'd love to be based back down south although Broadsedge is just too perfect!

2 hours ago, Boatingman said:

A hire fleet did run from there many years ago named after football teams if my memory is correct I believe Peter (Jenny Morgan) was involved or knows about it. Ray

Indeed it did but it died a natural death being too far from a railway station at a time when trains were more or less synonymous with Broads Holidays. Later on Fowlers of Oulton Broad moved there with its fleet of 18 boats. That wasn't a huge success mainly because of being cut off from the outside world, no nearby pool of suitable staff, that there were far easier ways of making money, marina, pub and caravan site, plus a healthy offer from Ripplecraft of Somerleyton for the boats to be moved there which we gladly accepted.  A new hire yard, with customers arriving by car rather than train, must surely stand a good chance of success, I wish James & Co well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This would certainly be of great interest to us and I'm keeping an eye on their Facebook page from hereon. 

Mind you, we hired a day boat from there summer before last, and that road down to the site is a nightmare for anyone who gets nervous around single track lanes with passing places ... it seemed to go on forever!

• Like 2

On 01/01/2019 at 18:55, Graham47 said:

“We think these Boating Holidays will be out of this world”.

Probably going to name their boats after planets - Jupiter, Mars, Saturn etc. I guess they will start as they did at Horning with second hand boats, establishing the business and giving time to build new ones. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SwanR said:

This would certainly be of great interest to us and I'm keeping an eye on their Facebook page from hereon. 

Mind you, we hired a day boat from there summer before last, and that road down to the site is a nightmare for anyone who gets nervous around single track lanes with passing places ... it seemed to go on forever!

You aren`t joking! Was on that road a couple of days back in a Transit size van, seemed like 4 miles long. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DAVIDH said:

Probably going to name their boats after planets - Jupiter, Mars, Saturn etc. I guess they will start as they did at Horning with second hand boats, establishing the business and giving time to build new ones. 

Thinks... I wonder how many people wold make a booking over the phone saying "I'd like to hire Uranus"

• Like 3
  • Haha 5