Waveney River Centre Hire Cruisers

Boatingman

Hi David, 

I imagine that Ferry have a quite a loyal following now they have managed to build up a direct trade therefore Len could afford to move them direct whereas they had to swallow their pride and go back to Hoseasons and the commission they charge in order to shift boats likely costing 6 figures to build. I notice they have added 2 more affordable boats which appear to be Faircraft A/F 35 possibly the Broads Boat co. Wroxham/Hoveton. This is worrying for that Acle yard as they are now down to 7 boat's as upto 4 have gone.

Neil

44 minutes ago, Captain said:

Hi David, 

I imagine that Ferry have a quite a loyal following now they have managed to build up a direct trade therefore Len could afford to move them direct whereas they had to swallow their pride and go back to Hoseasons and the commission they charge in order to shift boats likely costing 6 figures to build. I notice they have added 2 more affordable boats which appear to be Faircraft A/F 35 possibly the Broads Boat co. Wroxham/Hoveton. This is worrying for that Acle yard as they are now down to 7 boat's as upto 4 have gone.

Neil

i was in bbc recently talking to lyndsey they are only going to run 3 boats this year.rest remaining on dry land.they are using hickling,ranworth and upton

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, misswhiplash76 said:

i was in bbc recently talking to lyndsey they are only going to run 3 boats this year.rest remaining on dry land.they are using hickling,ranworth and upton

Upton?  Where there? I'm pretty sure there's no room in the basin, in addition there are no pump out facilities.

2 hours ago, misswhiplash76 said:

That doesn’t sound good but maybe they will do ok with less people needed to turn the boats round and perhaps focused on charging for overnight moorings and profit from Pedro’s if it is the same people running both operations. 

14 minutes ago, SwanR said:

That doesn’t sound good but maybe they will do ok with less people needed to turn the boats round and perhaps focused on charging for overnight moorings and profit from Pedro’s if it is the same people running both operations. 

Last year they couldn't seem able to keep staff we called for pump out no one to do it

Waveney Scorpio does indeed look to be ex Fair Regal. It's coming up as £1595 in peak season which is on the steep side for a boat around 25 years old. 

I'm wondering what's going on at BBC. I remember one of their staff telling me they were building boats at the old Alpha location in Brundall. Is that still going on? 

15 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

BBC - Broads Boating Company based at the old Horizon yard at Acle 

DRL - now defunct hire business formerly based at Ludham

Sorry, one should never assume! 

Thanks,  It happens on all forums NN just a pain when you`ve just been blown in to Norfolk and being new. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

BBC - Broads Boating Company based at the old Horizon yard at Acle 

DRL - now defunct hire business formerly based at Ludham

Sorry, one should never assume! 

Yes, D.R.L. standing for Darren & Ruth Lewis.

I seem to remember (though not 100%) that DRL were working with Freedom Boating at Horning?, is that right, hopefully Andy can put me right if he reads this?.

18 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Yes, D.R.L. standing for Darren & Ruth Lewis.

I seem to remember (though not 100%) that DRL were working with Freedom Boating at Horning?, is that right, hopefully Andy can put me right if he reads this?.

I think that when Freedom moved to Horning they had split from DRL at Ludham. DRL then started another hire fleet with the boats from  a boatyard near Norwich which I seem to remember was Highcraft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lakesailor said:

The owners of BBC / Pedro's have 'closed' their 2 restaurants in the lake District numerous rumours at the time as to real reasons why .

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

There is a sign at the Pedro's in Horning saying that it is under new management

• Like 2

The WRC have posted the following announcement, now while we cannot allow advertising we can allow the announcement 

We’re pleased to announce that we're now offering Norfolk Broads Boating Holidays from Waveney River Centre! We'll be adding 8 Holiday Cruisers to our existing fleet of day cruisers - with the first of our Holiday Cruisers available to hire for holidays starting from Easter 2019. 

We'll also be offering 'Surf and Turf' holidays, which will be a combination of a lodge holiday and a hire one of our new cruisers, for those who want to experience the best of both worlds.  

All of the team @ Waveney River Centre

so above are the announcement parts of the post, with the advertising parts taken out, I am sure all of you can figure out how to contact them yourselves