Waveney River Centre Hire Cruisers

Boatingman

6 minutes ago, webntweb said:

Are they the same Lewis who had Coral Craft (Lewis & Hughes) at Acle for a few years in the early 90s?

Hi Roy,

i`m afraid i can`t answer that, as i have absolutely no idea. I`m sure Vaughn or Peter (Jenny Morgan) will know a lot more than me. 

As for Coral Craft, they were based at Brundall, and as i remember were maybe owned by "Carr and West". I seem to remember the hire fleet moved to Neatishead, or at least that`s what the Hoseasons brochure said.

8 minutes ago, trambo said:

The Broads Boating Co. a few weeks ago. I thought they were leaving it late.

Broads Boating Co. Acle Bridge.

This is such a sad sight to see. They seemed to be doing well, and i seem to remember someone on here looking for a boat to hire, and tried them, but they were full up.  I really do hope they can survive and we can see the boats back in service soon.

Something else that`s just come to mind, maybe they`re leaving them out enabling some extra time for maintainance, and not putting them back until they are out on hire?. Or am i just clutching at straws?.

15 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Waveney Scorpio does indeed look to be ex Fair Regal. It's coming up as £1595 in peak season which is on the steep side for a boat around 25 years old. 

I'm wondering what's going on at BBC. I remember one of their staff telling me they were building boats at the old Alpha location in Brundall. Is that still going on? 

yes they are building new boats.lyndsey also told me they wont be ready till next year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:
  56 minutes ago, trambo said:

The Broads Boating Co. a few weeks ago. I thought they were leaving it late.

Broads Boating Co. Acle Bridge.

I don't see anything sinister in this. The boats have obviously all been painted ready for the season and they will need to hire a crane to get them in again, which will all happen on the same day, when they are all ready.

Easter is not for another 3 weeks yet.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, misswhiplash76 said:

i was in bbc recently talking to lyndsey they are only going to run 3 boats this year.rest remaining on dry land.they are using hickling,ranworth and upton

Hi Vaughn, 

I was eluding to this post by misswhiplash. As you can see, she`s referring to the fact she spoke to the Lady at the yard who said about the 3 boats only being operated this year.  Yes, i take your point about hiring a crane and them all going in at once, but reading missW`s post seems to say something entirely different that came from the yard staff themselves?.

13 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi Vaughn, 

I was eluding to this post by misswhiplash. As you can see, she`s referring to the fact she spoke to the Lady at the yard who said about the 3 boats only being operated this year.  Yes, i take your point about hiring a crane and them all going in at once, but reading missW`s post seems to say something entirely different that came from the yard staff themselves?.

it came from lyndsey in a face to face chat a couple of weeks ago

16 hours ago, lakesailor said:

The owners of BBC / Pedro's have 'closed' their 2 restaurants in the lake District numerous rumours at the time as to real reasons why .

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186326-d6600592-Reviews-Pedro_s_Casa-Kendal_Lake_District_Cumbria_England.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=165053475

Yet somebody has reviewed the place only two days ago and visited in March!!!!! Been a few reviews in recent weeks.

Been some recent reviews of Pedros Acle on TripAdvisor within the last two weeks, so guessing they are open as well.

Seems like a fair bit of rumours and gossip on this thread, hopefully not damaging!

The BBC website is operating and showing a limited amount of boats available for hire. There could be any number of reasons why. Perhaps they are concentrating all their efforts on new builds for next year? Which ever, what ever speculation is probably not the way forward!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I see that The Broads Boating Company have just posted a picture on Facebook of all their boats back in the water, captioned "Final touches for the new season" so the gossip appears to have been just that at this point, gossip. I can make out at least 8 of their boats afloat.

I also see they are advertising one of their boats via Airbnb with the option to just use it as a floating base, or to also take it out and explore The Broads.

Hoping they have a good season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NorfolkNog said:

Don't worry MWL - sounds like someone down the line (not HG) put 2 and 2 together and got 5! 

Rumours can harm a business but if you've heard it good faith how do you know? :default_biggrin:

i went into pedros to book and that was information lyndsey who deals with boat bookkings gave me

On 30/03/2019 at 21:31, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Yes, D.R.L. standing for Darren & Ruth Lewis.

I seem to remember (though not 100%) that DRL were working with Freedom Boating at Horning?, is that right, hopefully Andy can put me right if he reads this?.

Freedom was initially a business with myself and Darren Lewis as partners with the fleet at Womack. Less than a year into it, the business relationship failed and I bought him out and moved to Horning. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, FreedomBoatingHols said:

Freedom was initially a business with myself and Darren Lewis as partners with the fleet at Womack. Less than a year into it, the business relationship failed and I bought him out and moved to Horning. 

Thanks for clarifying that Andy. I did believe you were originally based in Horning, so very glad you`ve put me right.

It`s really good to see BBCs boats all in the water again, and looking so clean and smart. I seem to remember somebody on the forum hired from them last year, and gave them a good report, so great to see they`re enjoying continuing success.

• Like 2

Some of their boats are fairly unique, too - The 35ft ex Fair Entrepeneur centre cockpit is quite a good layout as it has a double forward and two single cabins aft.

Ferry Marina now have the other one built, of course, but BBC's will be cheaper to hire better value I suspect and they make a good boat for a group of friends wanting separate cabins but also a more compact boat that's easy to handle.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Perhaps I read too much into photos, but this looks a little strange to me. 

A total lack of company logos or boat names on the cabin sides and there are no Broads numbers on the bows. One would hardly know that they were hire boats.

A very good point there Vaughn, and i must say i did think they looked "very white"?. But  i did`nt even consider things like numbers etc, so maybe Miss Whiplash could be right after all?.  

I think the expression "watch this space" could be very appropriate at the moment?.

• Like 3

I know that some people don't do Facebook, but BBC themselves have said and I quote direct from their Facebook page,

11th April "Final touches for the new season" followed by the pictures HA posted above.

9th April "Looking for a last minute Easter Break? We still have a few nights available. Check out our listing on Air B n B Click on the link below" etc etc.

On the 5th April, "Getting ready for the Summer season" with the pictures of the boats on the hard standing.

Keep trying and perhaps they will fail :facepalm::default_badday::facepalm:

• Like 1