Waveney River Centre Hire Cruisers

Boatingman

13 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

The Waters Edge bit? :default_dunce:

Ah, the only pub I've ever been kicked out of before I even got through the door. 

Briefly, moored up, 'landlord' rushed out, we're closed Monday and Tuesday 

OK - is this a hire boat? Yes, Herbert Woods, you can't cook onboard or moor here  - don't worry we're going 

I've visited hundreds of pubs in my lifetime including the Broads even back to the Watneys era and he is by far the most objectionable individual I've ever come across. If it's a friend or relative I understand. 

Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Ah, the only pub I've ever been kicked out of before I even got through the door. 

Briefly, moored up, 'landlord' rushed out, we're closed Monday and Tuesday 

OK - is this a hire boat? Yes, Herbert Woods, you can't cook onboard or moor here  - don't worry we're going 

I've visited hundreds of pubs in my lifetime including the Broads even back to the Watneys era and he is by far the most objectionable individual I've ever come across. If it's a friend or relative I understand. 

Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor 

Sorry to hear of your experience. He is a Marmite character. I have to speak as I find and we have always been made most welcome, but I have seen the reviews and can easily see how they might have happened. I have a White ex hire boat and he reserves a space for us. :default_rofl:Seriously though, I've known many characters around The Broads and he is another! Not everybody's cup of tea though! but that's the rich tapestry of life. :default_beerchug:

• Like 1

I respect your opinion, I think he definitely has an issue with (current) hire boats. 

Characters are good for pubs I agree, look at 'Winkle' at the White Horse at Upton. 

It was just the sheer unprovoked aggressive attitude that annoyed me.  

Perhaps best to agree to disagree!!! 

:default_beerchug:  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldgregg said:

Some of their boats are fairly unique, too - The 35ft ex Fair Entrepeneur centre cockpit is quite a good layout as it has a double forward and two single cabins aft.

Ferry Marina now have the other one built, of course, but BBC's will be cheaper to hire better value I suspect and they make a good boat for a group of friends wanting separate cabins but also a more compact boat that's easy to handle.

They were Fair Regal and I've always liked that design too. I think it's WRC who have the third one which I remember they were asking a hefty hire charge for. I could never understand why more boats don't have two single cabins instead of a twin. 

• Like 1

Perhaps I read too much into photos, but this looks a little strange to me. 
A total lack of company logos or boat names on the cabin sides and there are no Broads numbers on the bows. One would hardly know that they were hire boats.
They have been very light on branding, with just a small name on the transom.

Personally, I think they need to be more clearly branded in order to generate more bookings but it's their choice I guess.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Couple of points there, white ex hire boats sell much more readily into the private market and Basil Fawlty at the Waters Edge will welcome you with open arms!  :default_norty: 

2 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Is that the hire boat bit or the Waters Edge???

:default_icon_e_biggrin:  Talking to yourself NN? You're either mad or a genius who knows to get the correct answers to your questions. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wyndham said:

:default_icon_e_biggrin:  Talking to yourself NN? You're either mad or a genius who knows to get the correct answers to your questions. 

Howard was responding to my confused liking of his first post and trying to decipher which bit I was confused about. Confused? you will be. :default_rofl:

• Haha 1

Ah... so Howard, ( is that Norfo;lk Nog?) is confusing himself about bits and licking posts without first getting Bletchley involved.

This has got Putin written all over it, don't trust him. anyone with his knowledge of Norfolk pubs is up to something, and that Gayfire is in on it too. :1242_flag_gb:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

:default_icon_e_biggrin:

I somewhat unwittingly dragged this thread off topic with my inane ramblings, so apologies to all! 

Back on track :default_stinky:

RUBBISH.

This forum is full of threads (probably thousands of them?) that have gone off topic several times.  Personally, i think we should start a thread about boats, then somehow change to many other subjects and eventually end up with the thread talking about the local zoo, via Scotland with a steam engine taking it elsewhere on the way.

Or maybe i should just get out more?...................

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Broads01 said:

They were Fair Regal and I've always liked that design too. I think it's WRC who have the third one which I remember they were asking a hefty hire charge for. I could never understand why more boats don't have two single cabins instead of a twin. 

Haven't Brinkcraft got one - Royall Stuart, or is that a different model?

2 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Nope quite similar but Royall Stuart has twin cabin in the stern and a smaller saloon. Nice boat though, I hired it back in 2007.

We hired Royall Stuart back in 2005 I think it was but it was a double in the aft cabin, did they change it?

• Like 1

Off topic but as was mentioned earlier in the thread an update on the Broads Boat Company at Acle Bridge. All boats in water and some had a new, neat 'bbc' motif on the bow.  Also the cafe / store  on the opposite bank was due to reopen this week.

Broads Boating Co. Acle Bridge.

Fred

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 14:41, Jayfire said:

Hmm, who's that then??? :default_smiley-angelic002:

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:03, MauriceMynah said:

Perhaps it's "friendly fire".... very friendly fire. Never turn your back on a friend.!

Of course friendly, it's the only thing I know. ( but not quite as friendly as you infer MM :default_biggrin:)

Just mucking around.

8 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

why the heck were you at the waters edg

Sorry off topic again but quick reply to a very reasonable question. Briefly not been in for ages, most least visited pub,  just the opportunity really so wanted to have a look. As mentioned above never, again. The Surlingham Ferry wins hands down and I agree, one of the best pubs on the Broads. 

Back on topic :default_biggrin:

• Like 4