Blakes Catalogue 1968

One of the many tasks I wanted to complete over my 'Closed' period was to tidy out our 'Glory Hole' otherwise known as the under-stairs cupboard.  All manner of stuff gets shoved to the back and on top of each other.  So, yesterday the lot came out and I do mean the lot.  Hoovered then wiped down / polished (It's fully wall and floor tiled as you would expect)  Amongst lots of stuff that got sorted and chucked out was a cardboard box and inside it was a Blakes 1968 catalogue.  Well chuffed.  I do have a 1966 catalogue but didn't know we had a 68 issue.

Anyroadup on page 70, there is the photo of Star Supreme (3) class

Griff

BA NBN 485.JPG

BA NBN 486.JPG

• Like 5

Great find Griff,those pictures bring back so many wonderful memories !In particular when i was a young boy my dad took me to the boat show at earls court to view the latest boat from Herbert Woods called Silver Light, a sliding centre cockpit 5 berth all new woodie,he hired it , boy we thought we were the bees knees cruising the Broads in the one of the newest boats. Regards Kevin:default_biggrin:

• Like 1

Interesting that Griff's photo from 1968 shows 5 boats in the class but mine from 1970 shows only 2. There was a deep recession on the Broads at that time and a lot of yards were selling boats from their fleets. Jenners bought about 150 boats secondhand in 1966 and 67 but I don't think they bought any Sanderson boats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Griff and Vaughan for that information, We hired Lady Ursula in the early 70s, I note there Our five lady class I always assumed there was only three, so I find this very interesting never realised that Sanderson's had built that many, again many thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Interesting that Griff's photo from 1968 shows 5 boats in the class but mine from 1970 shows only 2. There was a deep recession on the Broads at that time and a lot of yards were selling boats from their fleets. Jenners bought about 150 boats secondhand in 1966 and 67 but I don't think they bought any Sanderson boats.

I started hiring with Sandersons in 1973 and they had four new Sanderlings at that time. I wonder if they were just replacing the "Lady'" class at that time. 

• Like 1

I started hiring with Sandersons in 1973 and they had four new Sanderlings at that time. I wonder if they were just replacing the "Lady'" class at that time. 
I remember seeing one of the sanderlings but lady Ursula was the cheapest they had and we'd only just got married, and I remember they'd forgotten to empty the holding tank so the boat was nose heavy and difficult to steer so after the first day we had to have her pumped out, other than that we had a great holiday ,somewhere I've got a picture of us on the boat if I can find it I'll post it on here.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

That's a brilliant find. I hired two boats in the early 70's.  One was Star premier, from Jack Powels , another was Water gypsy 2 birth i think, a very old boat even then but beautiful in every way. And finally a boat called Luck Stream,we got this from a boatyard on Oulton Broad,again a 2 birth.

If this broucher of yours has any of the above boats I would love to se them again

Kind regards

David Woodall.