Royal Tartan Interior Plan

JanetAnne

Cor blimey, and I thought I had problems. Does your bank manager know. I must admit that's way out of my skill range. Now I see that Falling Leaves may have been a possibility even if only as a pattern. :default_icon_bowdown:

Colin:default_winko:

51 minutes ago, springsong said:

Is she a sister to Tumblehome  Dave?

Same hull and Royall's generic design but done as a three berth Barry.

Unusual build, everything was nailed to the chine and hog with steel nails which have rusted away meaning it is easier to take apart than usual :default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, grendel said:

Has Ali counted the nails yet. how many stainless screws do you need?

Dont tempt her Peter, you know what she's like!

When we put the new decks on Chloe Jane she announced we had used exactly eleven hundred and whatever screws. :facepalm:On Janet Anne, doing the same job, I kept sending her off to mix epoxy so she couldnt count them. However, "it is close to 800 because there are 4 boxes of screws missing from the shelf" she announces. :default_biggrin:

Somehow I think she missed her calling in stock control somewhere....

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Victoryv said:

Hello Dave

Have you ever considered a proper job ? with holidays, a pension, proper wages etc

Just a thought.

I'm such a difficult, cantankerous, moody, pedantic old bugger the only person willing to employ me is myself and even that was close :default_blush:

By the way, Royal Tartan is not mine. I have asked permission to talk about it on here but its owner, who kindly sent me the pictures, chooses to remain anonymous. 

I hope it may spur others on to look at restoring these old boats while there are still a few left desperate for rescue before the chainsaw rears its ugly head again.

• Like 2