New Webcam

Simondo

Hi All

As a new year's gift I just thought I'd share my Webcam online initally as a trial but if it goes OK I'll leave it there. The Webcam is in Brundall over looking the Yare towards Brooms and I though there is a lack of them on this river. It's not that clear at night but OK in daylight. I may in the future set a movement schedule up as it is PTZ.

I hope you enjoy and feel free to share.

BTW my website is and always will be free and advertising free even though there is a personal cost to me.

Let me know your thoughts.

http://catchpro.co.uk/Webcam

Cheers Simon

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Leave aside the Webcam - I like the idea behind this, having the air and water temps. I am sure this could be relivent to Anglers, and boaters alike - a local weather station with a view, what could be better.

Any plans for more comprehensive weather data collection? I know a number of weather stations one can buy that report back wirelessly to a computer program that then can share data via FTP to a website. Just an idea.

Interesting to see how the water temperature has stayed more constant that air temperature

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonRascal said:

Leave aside the Webcam - I like the idea behind this, having the air and water temps. I am sure this could be relivent to Anglers, and boaters alike - a local weather station with a view, what could be better.

Any plans for more comprehensive weather data collection? I know a number of weather stations one can buy that report back wirelessly to a computer program that then can share data via FTP to a website. Just an idea.

Interesting to see how the water temperature has stayed more constant that air temperature

Yes I have had one of those linked up with Cumulus and online but unfortunately during a service I dropped it off the roof and it disintegrated! However now you have reminded me I may well do that again.

For others the reason the home screen has the data on it is that really that's all this site is/was meant to be as a bit of fun however if there are more suggestions (i.e. the weather station) I may well move it to a dedicated screen and incorporate more gubbins...all free of course

:default_beerchug:

I love Broads webcams but I am ambivalent about this one.

We had to sell our share in Lightning for health reasons recently after 10 years moored at Brooms.

I probably won't be able to resist looking at this one on Saturday lunchtimes to see Lightning's comings and goings. I just hope it doesn't depress me too much.

But thanks Simondo, any cam that helps give Broadies their fix is always a good idea.

Roy.

• Like 2

Must admit when I first looked at this,did not get much of a view.Just checked again.Very good.Dont know if it's still on line,a few years back Marina went on the NYA web site brought up there there web cam and up came Sweetkingfisher. There camera was viewing cove.

• Like 1

I just clicked on it, and what a lovely clear picture, and continuous running to.  We can`t see Lightning which is moored about 100 yds upstream on the right, just behind the boats in mid frame.  But as Roy says,  come saturday lunchtime onwards (today) i`l be glued to it.

• Like 1