• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Yes I have no problem with it being shared. The only limit is 40 concurrent viewers so hopefully it won't max out :default_icon_e_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brundall Webcam added to the handy information - webcams page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Went through Brundall this morning on a  friends DC30 and watched ourselves on the webcam. The ultimate selfie! Great thanks. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

Oh wow, thank you Grendel, that was quick :default_icon_clap: For a man anyway :default_biggrin:

Grace

39 minutes ago, Simondo said:

Yes I have no problem with it being shared. The only limit is 40 concurrent viewers so hopefully it won't max out :default_icon_e_biggrin:

Thank you Simon. I have a feeling it may well get maxed out a tad :default_biggrin:

Grace

5 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Oh wow, thank you Grendel, that was quick :default_icon_clap: For a man anyway :default_biggrin:

Grace

thorough is the word Gracie, we aim to please. though as with some of the links it might be better to right click and open in a new tab.

• Thanks 1

Just checked the webcam and wow, the Yare is completely still, not a ripple in sight. Beautiful even on a grey morning. 

On 04/01/2019 at 12:42, Simondo said:

Yes I have had one of those linked up with Cumulus and online but unfortunately during a service I dropped it off the roof and it disintegrated! However now you have reminded me I may well do that again.

I have one - I have not got a working indoor unit but it worked wirelessly to it which then connected via USB to my computer using Cumulus. It may well work with your unit, and better than going into the bin.  If you are interested send me a PM - I have it in London but has temp, wind speed and direction, rainfall and humidity - this is the unit it originally came from Maplin:

ws.jpg.7d48d9bb56b3935095492ef0701765aa.jpg

• Like 1

Can't believe that its the same one I dropped from my roof :default_icon_e_surprised:

That would be great if you're not using it, I'll send you a PM

Cheers

Simon

Same one I've just replaced last year as my internal display kept sounding alarms when it wanted, I need to sort that but replaced it with a Aercus unit which uploads direct to https://www.wunderground.com/

Down side is I can't get the data onto to my server from it like the maplin version so my own weather webpage is down and just use Wunders site now.

I brought a 5 section flag pole last week so I can mount the station higher and an aerial for aircraft (beside the Yorks flag) but came home and saw it in the door way thinking ear bashing on route but got away with it.

• Like 1

Looked this morning and I guess this gale has been having fun with the camera.

39 minutes ago, colino said:

Nice decking

And something with a huge eye keeps popping up they've landed I think!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the messages and posts. I've now reset it. I think it resets itself to the lowest position after a communication outage. I'll sort it properly when I can get full access to a pc.

• Like 1

Just wondering if one of the lines on the moored boat has come loose. It's not usually in this position. (I have PM'd Simondo. This is just incase he cannot get to see the webcam before dark).

screenshot-catchpro.co.uk-2019.03.01-16-11-22.jpg

It does rather look as if it has, the rope is dangling in the water!

With the predicted high winds and a couple of storms coming might be a good idea for someone to pop down and secure the boat.   If not Simondo may be one of the forum members.

This is the boy I suspect, normal mooring position? 

P1060828.JPG

P1060824.JPG

Have just looked at webcam. Bow line looks to have come away. Holding on the spring only. 

Colin

Cheers all... I've notified the relevant peeps as its not my boat

• Like 1

I keep watching this to see if Lightning pulls out, or Moonlight Shadow. I doubt you will see any of Brooms hire fleet out and about, as i don`t think their season has started yet?.

Don't think so Neil

Both Lightening and Fireman Sam were safely tucked up when we passed which may explain why it's been quiet lately :default_norty:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Don't think so Neil

Both Lightening and Fireman Sam were safely tucked up when we passed which may explain why it's been quiet lately :default_norty:

Hi Howard, 

If you see her in, and you can stop at Brooms, you`re more than welcome to ask Brooms if you can have a look on board Lightning. They always have a key and will show prospective share owners (hint hint lol) around. 

• Thanks 1