It's Early January, No Strictly

I felt very old when someone offered me their seat on the underground in London yesterday. But I can honestly say that I don't remember Muffin the Mule. Mine was the era of Spotty Dog Woodentop, Andy Pandy, and Bill and Ben.

Not that I'm calling people old who remember Muffin ... *note to self, stop digging the hole* :facepalm:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, SwanR said:

I felt very old when someone offered me their seat on the underground in London yesterday. But I can honestly say that I don't remember Muffin the Mule.

I remember Muffin the mule but no-one has ever offered me a seat on public transport,  admittedly the last time I was in a bus or tube was 40 odd years ago :default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

If you want to go back a really long  way TV wise who remembers Humphrey Lestock and Mr. Turnip? My father refused to get a TV until 1955 when  commercial T.V.  first started but my Nan had one as soon as TV began back  in the thirties  ( not that I was around then!!)

Carole

26 minutes ago, addicted said:

If you want to go back a really long way TV wise who remembers Humphrey Lestock and Mr. Turnip?

Wow, that just seems so wrong :default_biggrin:

0641fdb8aa26685407e5fe8f3af3d8c9.thumb.jpg.a344ba292d8c236e53abe929c7f47dfb.jpg

What's wrong with Spongbob Squarepants?? :default_rofl:

I truly hadn’t read this thread (not being a Strictly fan) when I mentioned Muffin the Mule earlier today in Jay’s Winter Tale thread. I think M the M was only slightly earlier than Andy Pandy and Bill and Ben. I do remember my grandfather standing in front of the tv screen and sending me to bed when Dixon of Dock Green came on. He thought it wasn’t suitable viewing for an eight year old! Evenin’ all. 

3 hours ago, addicted said:

If you want to go back a really long  way TV wise who remembers Humphrey Lestock and Mr. Turnip? 

I can honestly say I’ve never heard of that although I’m sure it would have been on in my young days. Can you put a year to it Carole?