• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• calender payment

Calendar Paymene

Delivery Options
    Your NBN Forum Username:

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

JennyMorgan

Boat On Fire!

33 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Arguably they ensure that boats are insured and certified for the benefit of other users of a contiguous water. Some might also suggest that it ensures an income stream for Authority aspirations but of course that would be a totally spurious suggestion!  

So could my sauiling club  (or any other) insist that our member's moorings be dredged by them ? Since the club already ensures that boats are insured and certified, what other services are on offer from the Blessed Authority for owners/ users of such waters ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Poppy said:

So could my sauiling club  (or any other) insist that our member's moorings be dredged by them ?

No!

25 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Since the club already ensures that boats are insured and certified, what other services are on offer from the Blessed Authority for owners/ users of such waters ?

The use of those waters. Why should a club be given "special treatment"?

13 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

No!

The use of those waters. Why should a club be given "special treatment"?

Because the OWN those waters perhaps ? Not just clubs either. One or two yards on the Broads come to mind.

I didn't make my answer clear Poppy, I meant that the BA permits those on the privately owned waters, use of the rest of the system.

Sorry but I don`t understand why a tragedy that could have been even more of a one prompts this sort of debate.

Fred

• Thanks 1

Possibly Fred, because it was not "even more of one". I'm sure that had it been fatal, the tone would be very much more subdued. We as a forum are not cold hearted.

It has lead to comments suggesting things like arson, insurance fraud and other less than desirable possibilities, there has after all been something of a glut of "incidents" in recent months. I have several questions I'd like to have answered, though sadly, open forum isn't the place.  

3 hours ago, marshman said:

As if you would ever make spurious suggestions!!!!!

As if!

Poissibly faulty/unused bilge blowers.

I thought as far as the BA are concerned you only sign an insurance decleration, you dont actually have to prove it?

Im not trying to suggest the owner wasnt insured or anything else of the sort but as far as the BA ensuring rules are followed it would be very easily to pull the wool so to speak.........if you are that way inclined! 

Well I'm full of praise for the person that pulled the chap from a burning boat not knowing whether there may have been a second explosion. 

Colin

• Like 12

Screenshot_20190108-082916.thumb.png.b35c44cdf08e016797bc06a8db82d3ca.pngScreenshot_20190108-082928.thumb.png.2229b68768e305e9c62e3e18f953593e.png

• Like 1