Boat On Fire!

JennyMorgan

33 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Arguably they ensure that boats are insured and certified for the benefit of other users of a contiguous water. Some might also suggest that it ensures an income stream for Authority aspirations but of course that would be a totally spurious suggestion!  

So could my sauiling club  (or any other) insist that our member's moorings be dredged by them ? Since the club already ensures that boats are insured and certified, what other services are on offer from the Blessed Authority for owners/ users of such waters ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Poppy said:

So could my sauiling club  (or any other) insist that our member's moorings be dredged by them ?

No!

25 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Since the club already ensures that boats are insured and certified, what other services are on offer from the Blessed Authority for owners/ users of such waters ?

The use of those waters. Why should a club be given "special treatment"?

13 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

No!

The use of those waters. Why should a club be given "special treatment"?

Because the OWN those waters perhaps ? Not just clubs either. One or two yards on the Broads come to mind.

Possibly Fred, because it was not "even more of one". I'm sure that had it been fatal, the tone would be very much more subdued. We as a forum are not cold hearted.

It has lead to comments suggesting things like arson, insurance fraud and other less than desirable possibilities, there has after all been something of a glut of "incidents" in recent months. I have several questions I'd like to have answered, though sadly, open forum isn't the place.  

I thought as far as the BA are concerned you only sign an insurance decleration, you dont actually have to prove it?

Im not trying to suggest the owner wasnt insured or anything else of the sort but as far as the BA ensuring rules are followed it would be very easily to pull the wool so to speak.........if you are that way inclined!