• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
ranworthbreeze

Three Standard Shares For Sale On Ranworth Breeze For The Start Of The 2019 Season

We have three shares for sale on Ranworth Breeze for the start of 2019 Season.

We currently have three Standard shares for sale on the Ranworth Breeze Boat Syndicate. 

There are 20 owners in the boat syndicate each having a 5% share that gives two weeks allocation each year. Ranworth Breeze is a 2001 Birchwood 340AC that is moored at the Tingdene Marina at Brundall. 

The boat is the sea going specification with a Yanmar 210bhp diesel engine, trim tabs, bow thruster, full deck safety rails and side ladders. We do however limit the boat to just the Broads now.

The boat is fitted with a full canopy (new in 2010) that can be partially or fully let down for bridges or cruising.

Dual controls are standard in the boat. There is an aft double cabin with en-suite toilet/wet room, lounge with seating for 6 to 7 people; forward toilet/wet room a fully fitted galley that includes inbuilt gas oven and grill, gas hob and sink, the fridge is 12 volts. The forward seating/dinette converts into another double berth.

The heating is hot air diesel. 

Share 1. Dates are as follows:- 

2019: 23/04/2019 & 10/09/2019

2020: 16/06/2020 & 03/11/2020

The share is for sale at £4100.00

Share 2. Dates are as follows:-

2019: 03/09/2019

2020: 30/06/2020 & 17/11/2020

The share is for sale at £3750.00

Share 3, Dates are as follows:-

2019: 25/06/2019 & 12/11/2019

2020: 14/04/2020 & 01/09/2020

The Share is for sale at £4100.00

The Management Fees for 2019 have be paid by the selling owners. 

The 2020 allocation dates were drawn at the 2018 AGM in November.

Ranworth Breeze is now self managed by the Management Committee that is made up of five of the owners voted on at the yearly AGM. 

The 2012 management fee was £700

The 2013 management fee was £500

The 2014 management fee was £600

The 2015 management fee was £700

The 2016 management fee was £600

The 2017 management fee was £500 

The 2018 management fee was £650

The 2019 management fee was £700

Prior to the start of the 2018 season the forward and lounge seating and the bow thruster were replaced as part of the winter service

Prior to the start of the 2019 season the heating is being replace and a power windlass (for the mud weight) is being fitted as well as the on-going improvements on the boat, these include the replacement of the bathing platform rubbing strips, VHF radio, all gelcoat repairs and compound and polishing of the hull as well as the standard winter service 

For more information please visit the Ranworth Breeze website or contact Alan Hood.

0114 247 0242 work

0114 265 0934 home

07768 342075 mobile

alan-hood@datex.co.uk

http://www.ranworthbreeze.co.uk/

Regards

Alan

Alan Hood

Chairman & Trustee.

Ranworth Breeze Boat Syndicate

Boat 2006 035.jpg

Holiday Hopecove 2006 030.jpg

DSC_0109.JPG

untitled - Copy (2).jpg

untitled1 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg

untitled2 - Copy (2).jpg

untitled3 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg

untitled4 - Copy (2).jpg

We had the great privilage to meet up with Alan and Tan at Loddon a couple of years back, and they invited us aboard where we enjoyed a nice cuppa and a good chat, so i can vouch for the fact that Ranworth Breeze is a really lovely boat, and that Alan is dedicated to running a very efficient and friendly syndicate.

As always, Alan, you will always be welcome aboard Lightning whenever we`re aboard. I would imagine other members of our syndicate would also make yo welcome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Have met Alan and Tan a few years back.I know Alan via NBN.I agree he has a love of the broads and RB is a lovely boat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If these professional managed syndicate boats are as good as what I'm lead to believe (And for those that dress that way they do seem to fit the bill)  Then how come there doesn't seem to be a month that goes by without seeing someone wanting to sell their  shares?

Griff

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

If these professional managed syndicate boats are as good as what I'm lead to believe (And for those that dress that way they do seem to fit the bill)  Then how come there doesn't seem to be a month that goes by without seeing someone wanting to sell their  shares?

Griff

We`ve had our share in Lightning for nearly 5 years, and have no intention of selling. There`s also a great many other shareholders in Lightning and other syndicates who have had their shares for a fair number of years. Yes, we do get share sales regularly, but these are only to be expected. Some people use syndicate ownership as a stepping stone to full ownership, some after getting rid of their own boat to have more affordable boating with costs devided up to 12 1/2 ways. Some think it will be cheap boating, but realise there`s more to it, and decide to sell. There will always be shares for sale in all syndicate boats, but most (if not all?) syndicates have long standing members who are more than happy to keep their shares.  In fact, i did say elsewhere, i`m hoping to retire in 4 1/2 years time, and when i do, i`m seriously considering buying a second share in Lightning to give us more time on the Broads, WITHOUT the sheer expense of having to pay ALL costs, running costs, moorings etc etc etc all myself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That interior does look rather lovely. I really like the design, it's just the idea of never being able to pass under Ludham that's always put me off Ranworth Breeze. For all you South Broads lovers out there she'd make a brilliant investment for the next new owners. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Griff

Hello Griff, 

Sadly we have had more than our share of owners that have had disabling medical conditions, life changing events or simply work has prevented the use of allocations. 

Needless to say none of the shares for sale our mine. I will be calling on family and friends to crew for me.

Regards

Alan

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Broads01 said:

That interior does look rather lovely. I really like the design, it's just the idea of never being able to pass under Ludham that's always put me off Ranworth Breeze. For all you South Broads lovers out there she'd make a brilliant investment for the next new owners. 

Hello Broads01,

The interior does look better than the pictures because these pictures were before last years winter service where the forward and lounge upholstery was replaced by a almost similar fabric by Jeckells. We also replaced the bow thruster that year.

Last years and this years winter services were part of a two year plan of improvements on the boat hence the price of last and this years management fees to pay for this.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Glad to hear your going to continue boating Alan. 

Im sure it will be tough for you, but you seem to love your boating. :default_winko:  

and Ranworth Breeze is always kept looking smart. 

• Like 7

The pictures show that it's a lovely and well cared for boat, but it looks like it's air draft makes it limited to more than most bridges to a standard hire boat on the Broads!

20 minutes ago, KaptinKev said:

it's air draft makes it limited to more than most bridges to a standard hire boat on the Broads!

There's no new news in that, since Ranworth Breeze has been a most successful syndicate boat for many years. Those who prefer to cruise the south rivers (or grew up on them) know well how comfortable and well adapted such a boat can be, for that area.

As to a "standard" hire boat by comparison, I think you will find that a great number of the newer ones can't get under any more bridges than Ranworth Breeze!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

There's no new news in that, since Ranworth Breeze has been a most successful syndicate boat for many years. Those who prefer to cruise the south rivers (or grew up on them) know well how comfortable and well adapted such a boat can be, for that area.

As to a "standard" hire boat by comparison, I think you will find that a great number of the newer ones can't get under any more bridges than Ranworth Breeze!

Can she do Ludham?

2 minutes ago, KaptinKev said:

Can she do Ludham?

I seem to remember being told, or read on here, she can do Ludham, but only at VERY low tide, which means it`s NOT advisable, in case you get trapped above because the next tides are nowhere near as low. It`s why Lightning is not permitted to go above Potter Heigham bridge. It`s also worth remembering Gt Yarmouth bridges, the airdraught on those can sometimes be not as much as you would need. Anyway, i`m sure Alan will be along to give you all the bridge information you may require.

• Like 1

Is Fair diplomat a Birchwood 340? because that squeezes under Ludham bridge, maybe because it has extra things fitted for the canopy that makes it a bit taller..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KaptinKev said:

Can she do Ludham?

Off hand, I should think she probably can, but does she need to?

"Horses for courses".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Off hand, I should think she probably can, but does she need to?

"Horses for courses".

To enjoy the Broads, she does in my view.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jocave said:

Is Fair diplomat a Birchwood 340? because that squeezes under Ludham bridge, maybe because it has extra things fitted for the canopy that makes it a bit taller..

It was reported on here that Fair Diplomat is a heavily modified Birchwood 340, having the superstructure reduced in height, and i believe the hull was also modified too. She`s not as tall as Ranworth Breeze because RB is built on standard Birchwood mouldings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speedtriple you are spot, on Fair Diplomat can pass Ludham, but it's a bridge too far for Ranworth Breeze

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

It was reported on here that Fair Diplomat is a heavily modified Birchwood 340, having the superstructure reduced in height, and i believe the hull was also modified too. She`s not as tall as Ranworth Breeze because RB is built on standard Birchwood mouldings.

Ah right thanks for clearing that up, Diplomat is often up the Ant so guessed  there must be some differences..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jocave said:

Ah right thanks for clearing that up, Diplomat is often up the Ant so guessed  there must be some differences..

I love it “ up the ant” :default_norty:

44 minutes ago, quo vadis said:

I love it “ up the ant” :default_norty:

Note to self... Another time to say nothing, don't even think about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, KaptinKev said:

Can she do Ludham?

Hello CapinKev,

No Ludham bridge is out by a good 14 inches of air-draft, A similar but budget hire-craft can get under Ludham bridge but again this is tide dependant. This Birchwood was a special which has over 15 to 16 inches cut off its hull and superstructure.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2019 at 20:46, BroadAmbition said:

I would say the reasons for sale are fourfold:

• People giving up boating altogether. The average age of syndicate owners is relatively high, so this is sadly fairly common.
  • People who have only previously hired and have now got a taste for what a boat costs to run and how it all works and are looking to take the next step to outright ownership.
  • A change of circumstances. This might be loss of job, relocation, divorce etc.
  • It wasn't for them. This one is genuinely probably the least common.

You can save money by running a syndicate yourselves, no-one doubts that and we've certainly considered it. With a large syndicate, though, it's a lot of work to manage everything and unless a few people are willing to dedicate enough time it is simpler to pay a management company who charge much less than you could hire a member of staff for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4