New Boat From Horning

DAVIDH

The Fair Diplomat boat were a cheaper version of Southern Crusader without the stainless ropes between the stainless rails, the stairs and bathing platform were just the mouldered version. More than likely the engine would be 40 or 50 BHP version.

We have already covered the fact that the hull and superstructure were reduced in the build to enable the boats to get under Ludham Bridge on the correct tides.

I would like to see what effect the cutting down of boats height has effected the look of the inside of the boat.

Regards

Alan 

1 hour ago, Broads01 said:

There's one interior photo on the Hoseasons website and from that it looks very nice. Whilst I've no doubt it could squeeze under Ludham, the fact that it's based at Horning and not Stalham suggests it can't always do so.

When we hired her , a few times we had to noir up at Ludham and wait for ride to be low enough to get under , a couple of years we didn’t manage it , if I remember correctly her airdraft was 8,6” and the seat had to be removed to get under the bridge , the advantage of her was if steering from the fly bridge you could see clearly the high point and approach the bridge slowly using your eye line to see if she would pass under .

The other minor bugbear used to be that she had a deep keel and in Salhouse Broad you couldn’t moor on the left as you go into the quay in the broad of the water levels were low as she would ground about 1 metre from the quay heading 

24FF730B-18CC-422E-AE5B-1C3AE77ACC12.jpeg

5506D9B8-A620-4E0B-9CE2-DAFF078B14F3.jpeg

• Like 3

On 16/01/2019 at 22:18, Broads01 said:

It makes me smile how Richardsons (and others) recycle old boat names, in this case a name last used in the 1970s I believe. I can never decide if its a good idea to signal to their heritage or conversely they don't have the imagination to think up something new. 

I always quite like a nod to the past.....

Dan

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...