Eastick Falcon 26

smitch6

yep

anything previous to 77 the strake stopped at the front and had another little bit but they didn't line up.

mine ( although now in the bin) went all the way round

made of fibreglass and really hard but held on with steel coachbolts

so the heads were visable all beit countersunk.

but just galvanished steel

so i had to grind them all off, took ages.

and as alot of it was broken anyway i decided to bin the lot and change it for rubber

8 hours ago, smitch6 said:

have u got a lonk pls as i can't find it

Hiya smitch6,

go on to Youtube and search for "The Great Norfolk Broads Adventure VI Day 10 6 September 2018". That`s exactly how it comes up on Youtube. That sould get you on to it. I`m not sure how long it is into the blog before you see it, but i`l have a look later, as my beloved Wife and I are of out for breakfast now.

8 hours ago, smitch6 said:

have u got a lonk pls as i can't find it

I`ve just checked, as it did`nt take as long as i thought. It`s 30 mins into the clip, but it`s one of the ones that has the lower rubbing strake finishing below the windscreen, with a bow strake just above it.

• Like 1

there was a mention of a chap called David Berry who used to own/work Eastick's

he has since moved to France and is still active working at a boatyard there.

if anyone knows his contact details and they wouldn't mind either passing mine on to him or giving me his that'd be brill

1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

I`ve just checked, as it did`nt take as long as i thought. It`s 30 mins into the clip, but it`s one of the ones that has the lower rubbing strake finishing below the windscreen, with a bow strake just above it.

yes thats a cream topped 1 not sure who that is?

i am in contact with summer dream, funnily enough he lives just round the corner from me too.

i know there is another based in Norwich and i think there is 1 at WRC although James doesn't think it';s a falcon.

I actually started a little FB boat called falcon 26

i'd love to get as many owners together as possible

• Like 1

Hey all , one thing I have noticed that may help with ruling boats in or out of contention is that some of them seem to have aluminium framed windows in the front and others have ones with rubber seals. Apologies if this has already been noted but thought it was worth a mention.

Hi Dan, no it wasn't missed, i rung them and they only did either 25 or 27' models

i never knew they did them in that sizes lol

although i'm presuming mine is 26 i'm going to measure it next time i'm down there.

swancraft aren't actually active anymore it's been taken over by someone else and they weren't really that knowladable or helpful, just dismissive unfortunately

thanks for posting the brochure tho always love to see them, pity i don't have any in person

I think you were talking at cross purposes because you rang Swancraft of Brundall not Swancraft of Wargrave (the latter closed ages ago)

So they were answering which boats they'd run from their business (they never ran the style you have). 

I'm not sure there was even ever a connection between the two companies, just a similar name

If you look at the photo the rubbing strakes match, you think it was on the Thames at some point and called Harmony 2.  Does the gel colour look similar to the photo?

Thanks

Dan

• Like 2

i can' actually remeber who i rung now, but i did say did you used to be swancraft at henley and he said we were sort of 

mine is the same blue but mine has a white roof (can't quite see the roof on that pic)

i did notice it has the bluebird logo of hoseasons

i am in contact with gerry at Hoseasons who's lovely and loves the history side of the boats,

she also said she has loads of old brochures at her home and is sifting thru them for me to try and find more info.

this might be one for me to tell her about.

i really need to measure mine and find out if it's 26 or 27'

it's a pity no-one knows anyone that worked at swancraft

23 minutes ago, smitch6 said:

swancraft aren't actually active anymore it's been taken over by someone else and they weren't really that knowladable or helpful, just dismissive unfortunately

Swancraft at Brundall, with respect, are extremely helpful and knowledgeable but to be fair there has been some confusion with the Thames based company of the same name. So understandably they wouldn't have any knowledge of the boats history.  

Probably stating the obvious but I thought I should just point that out!! :default_biggrin:

EDIT - sorry crossed over here! Just seen your last post. If it wasn't Swancraft at Brundall, apologies. I'm not aware there is any connection.

• Thanks 1

The one i spoke to said try the Brundall one, so i did and as you say yes very helpful but couldn't help at all.

I've just messaged Gerry from Hoseasons so fingers crossed she might remember somehting as she did say she's been there for over 40 years

hopefully they might have some paperwork somewhere

• Like 1

I think the identity of the boat has already been established, Smitch?

There are some very knowledgable people on our network, and Dan knows an enormous amount about the hirefleets on various waterways and the movements of boats between yards and waterways over the years.

Given that in the picture the boat has a bluebird on it, that would be a Hoseasons brochure.

i'm not disputing what has been said, far from it, i'm extremely happy with everyone's input and for their help

and definately don't want to upset anyone

the only thing is the brochure says 27' and as far as i know mine is 26' 

but saying that not sure if the brochure had a mis-print as it also says they were at Wargrave yet companies house has them down at Wasgrave