Eastick Falcon 26

smitch6

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:16, smitch6 said:

I have the thames registration number 74449

I started my boating on the Thames in the late '70s. Registration numbers don't have the same significance as on the Broads. They are not displayed on a boat (apart perhaps on the paper registration document). At the time (I'm not sure if it has changed), every boat registered on the Thames must have a unique name (hence 1,2,3 etc for a class is always displayed) and the name must be displayed on both sides at the bow and across the stern.

The fact you have found a name on the bottom of a draw and not any Broads registration numbers does lend weight to your boat being delivered straight to the Thames and never being used on the Broads. 

11 hours ago, smitch6 said:

i rung them and they only did either 25 or 27' models

Was this boat ever produced in models other than the 26? Did builders build various moulds all around the same length? I suspect not. I suspect the 25ft variant was Swan Fiesta (Hampton Safari) and the 27ft is just measuring error. As you say it might be worth measuring yours. Maybe they are 26ft 6 in and some people round up?

I've had another look at my old brochures and found the following examples of the Eastick Falcon 26 on the Thames in the late '70s early '80s.

Swan Harmony class: This is in Hoseasons1976 brochure and is described as newly built. I've already posted this and the photo appears to be a library photo. I don't have the 1975 brochure, so don't know if it appeared earlier. The photo changes to what appears to be an actual Thames photo of Swan Harmony 2 in 1982

11 hours ago, smitch6 said:

what brochure was this pls

The photo I posted was from Hoseasons' 1983 brochure.

Sovereign Janet, Consort Cruisers, Datchet: This appears in Blakes 1977 brochure and is described as new in 1977. The photo looks like a library photo, so I've not reproduced it.

Blue Gem class, Bushnells, Maidenhead: This appears in Hoseasons' 1981 Brochure. The photo is clearly the Broads and I suspect this is a broads import.

Hope this info helps.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Riverfree said:

Hi I also own one of these boats, I have stripped it totally spray foam insulated, rewired it, added a wood burner and am now living on it on the river Ouse. I wanted to leave it original but as a liveaboard it wasn't feasible.

oh brill hi

we have a little group of 3 of use owners if you'd like to join us.

Can you send me pictures etc pls

Steve

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bit after the event now but managed to recover some photos from the previous Mrs Nog :default_norty:

Sorry about the quality as they are scanned from slides.

This is Falcon 5 from Easticks Reg H570. According to Craig's data base now left the Broads. It must have only been a year old when we hired it.

Image5.jpg

Image10.jpg

Image11b.jpg

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
On 18/01/2019 at 16:45, gancanny said:

diamond anchor,  k682,  is now known as  MATTY

this boat has a full bottom strake as has L246 which was last known as  ACLE PEARL

Hi.

I stumbled across this forum and thought i would update with a bit of info. ACLE PEARL is alive and well and living in Pillings Lock Marina in Quorn, Leicestershire. I bought her around February 2015 and used her mainly as a live-aboard Monday to Friday while working there, occasionally going for a cruise up the river Soar. She was renamed Errandor some time before i acquired her (possibly around 2011), and i still own her, just using her occasionally as i now work close to home in Manchester.

Just in the process of fitting a brand new Bowman heat exchanger / manifold / header tank to go with the new alternator, fresh water pump, Jabsco raw water pump and spin on oil filter conversion.

She is for sale so i'm open to sensible offers!

If i knew how to post some photos i would! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sailfish18 said:

Hi.

I stumbled across this forum and thought i would update with a bit of info. ACLE PEARL is alive and well and living in Pillings Lock Marina in Quorn, Leicestershire. I bought her around February 2015 and used her mainly as a live-aboard Monday to Friday while working there, occasionally going for a cruise up the river Soar. She was renamed Errandor some time before i acquired her (possibly around 2011), and i still own her, just using her occasionally as i now work close to home in Manchester.

Just in the process of fitting a brand new Bowman heat exchanger / manifold / header tank to go with the new alternator, fresh water pump, Jabsco raw water pump and spin on oil filter conversion.

She is for sale so i'm open to sensible offers!

If i knew how to post some photos i would! :)

would love to see some photo's, you can always send them to me via pm and i'll post them for you,

i do run a little FB group if you'd like to join, there's only 4 of us so far :)

• 4 years later...

Hi Heartbeat,

Good luck with your restoration. Looking at the Horning boat database and from memory I believe your boat started as Blue Gem at Richardsons of Stalham probably about 1974ish and was likely one of the first Gem class boats built after the Rank organisation bought Richardsons.  I believe when the Rank Organisation bought Bert Bushnells of Maidenhead she may have moved to the Thames keeping the Blue Gem name cc 1979 onwards. Here Broads registered number suggests she was recommissioned on the Broads in 87/88 as Richardsons now back under familyownership moved the Bushnells fleet back to the Broads. She initially operated out of Richardsons,later moving to Horning Pleasurecraft a sister yard becoming Caspian, then finally joining Hearts Cruisers again now a Richardsons yard as Heartbeat, leaving in 2002 when Richardsons closed Hearts eventually being sold into private hands. 

All the best

Neil 

• Like 2