Anyone Recognise This As A Broom?

That is one good looking boat! Don't take this as gospel but whilst the hull looks familiar, might be Broom or Aquafibre, the topsides look to be a one off, possibly sheathed ply. I really like the look of this one, even though it doesn't have a sail! It looks well thought out with no unnecessary bling!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pumpmedic said:

Thanks JM, interior looks good as well. Good point about the topside as I hadn`t considered that.

Thanks.

The panels, although well proportioned and she does look right, appear to lack the curves that one might expect of a moulded structure. I might well be wrong though!

26 minutes ago, scaniaman said:

Cannot see what she`s called or any reg number.If you know any of them, have a look  at the website " the boat index" that may give some indication.

paul

Well according to that site she is a Broom built in 1982 however where as the site say`s 30 x 10ft the owner claims 37 x 12, at least the 2.5 engine matches.

By very definition, she can't be a Broom unless they built her. If the builder was sold a full or partial set of mouldings for fitting out, then it's an Aquafibre. 

A lot of stuff gets listed by brokers as 'Broom' because a) they don't know any better and b) it sounds good.

The hull does look like it could be Aquafibre, certainly, and I'd agree that the superstructure looks to be DIY so it'd need to be very carefully surveyed.

• Like 2

That's tasty! Re the windows, rubber gasketed windows of the time were prone to popping out, large ones even breaking if a heavy wave came over the side. As for the single engine, two are not really required on the Broads, or the Thames for that matter. To my mind she's an out and out river cruiser and a very nice one too.

3 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

By very definition, she can't be a Broom unless they built her. If the builder was sold a full or partial set of mouldings for fitting out, then it's an Aquafibre. 

A lot of stuff gets listed by brokers as 'Broom' because a) they don't know any better and b) it sounds good.

The hull does look like it could be Aquafibre, certainly, and I'd agree that the superstructure looks to be DIY so it'd need to be very carefully surveyed.

You fancy doing the survey? The more I look the more I like her for the money being asked.