Only One Cooking Ring?

JennyMorgan

recently my parents had to get a new cooker, while they were waiting for it to be delivered they borrowed my one ring camping stove, my dads only complaint was the food didnt stay as hot using it - at this point my mother intervened and said of course not, I couldnt warm the plates in the oven before serving.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, grendel said:

, I couldnt warm the plates in the oven before serving.

Easy, put them in the hot water that you'll later be using for washing up. Actually I think that 'mum' had a point! If under way I use a German stein rather than a plate, much easier to hold and they hold the heat.

Another use for the pressure cooker is as a radiator. Fill to it's max level with stock, and some peeled root veg, bring it to pressure then set it on a low gas. It doesn't matter for how long, the longer the better. When ready to turn it off, you should have a soup which just needs the attention of a potato ricer.

• Like 2